Thread: Top error while designing a website

Top error while designing a website

Once I have pointed out the top ten mistakes in web design so far can still be seen on many sites, and the impact on the availability of the page. In other words, these three years the situation has not been improved much. Unfortunately, the new network technology and its application has led to a new level of error. That is the reason I am discussing this topic for getting the most serious error while designing a website.

Destroy or slow down the "Back" button

"Back" button is the lifeblood of network users, but also after following hypertext link navigation features of the most frequently used. Users can freely try to point to web pages anywhere, but just click on one or two "Back" button to return to the previous system has saved the page. Of course, if the site has committed one of the following errors, then "Back" button will not work:
    Open a new browser window (see the error II).
    Use immediately redirects (immediate redirect): whenever the user clicks "Back" button, the page will jump to the location we do not want to visit.
    Prohibition Cache: This makes the "back" operation had to re-send the request to the server; all hypertext should be sub-second level (sub-second), so that would make the time to return double.

Open a new browser window

Open a new browser window is like a vacuum cleaner salesman in the door selling, direct dumping of debris inside the ashtray in the consumer's home in the carpet. Please! Do not use any window polluting my screen (especially in the current operating system, window management techniques, the poor)! If I need a new window, I will own open.
    The intention of the designer to open a new window is to enable users to stay on his site. But ignores the user's machine to control the negative effects of this strategy is precisely self-defeating, because when the user wants to "Back" button to return to the previous site, has been impossible to do so. Users usually do not notice the new window has been opened, particularly when they display very small, but the window is maximized then just when. Therefore, when users want to return to their original site, but only one is not faced with the gray "Back" button.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Re: Top error while designing a website

For readers, more people want to understand what the author (including the Search for the author's other articles), rather than to get in touch with him. Of course, the contact is often a part of the biography, but it should not be on the primary or sole author information.
    When the user clicks on the blue underlined, out of the e-mail messages rather than a new page, on the network in violation of prescriptive rules. This inconsistency makes the network more unpredictable and reduced availability.

Re: Top error while designing a website

The old information is usually very helpful. Even if new information is more valuable than the old information, old information there are still some value to the overall Moreover, their stay on the line does not need that expensive. I reckon before, an increase of about 10% of the archive site costs, but would increase by about 50% availability.
    Archive as the elimination link rot (wrong links page) the only way there is a necessary evil, and it can encourage other networks to link with you.