Thread: What is FoxTab?

What is FoxTab?

Hello, I have installed a new browser on my computer, It is Mozilla Firefox. My friend told me to download the Foxtab when i started using this browser. i do not know that what is Foxtab? Can you guys help me to know about it as i want to use it but not before knowing all the things about about it.

Re: What is FoxTab?

FoxTab is an extension for Mozilla Firefox that enhances the browser with an attractive 3D tabbed-browsing functionality. Foxtab displays thumbnails previews of your favorite sites, opened tabs, and recently closed tabs.
    Top Sites (aka Speed Dial) for quickly accessing your favorite web sites. Tab Flipper – to easily flip between opened tabs using mouse or keyboard gestures. Recently Closed Tabs – for reopening a tab that was recently closed.

Add pages to top sites.

Initially top site would be empty, You can add pages to the top sites by two methods, One is to right click on the page and click on "Add to Top Sites". Second is to click on the toolbar button. Toolbar would not be available on the by default which you have to enable by going to the Firefox menu bar -> View -> Toolbars -> Customize. Edit button will be on the bottom-left corner. In edit mode you can rearrange thumbnails using drag and drop.

Flip Mode in Foxtab.

Flip mode in the Foxtab has been provided to flip between tabs. By pressing Ctrl+Tab you will be launching FoxTab in Flip Mode. By using this mode you can flip between tabs quickly and agilely. And as soon as you release the Ctrl key then the last focused tab will be selected. You can navigate between currently opened tabs in various ways by using Arrows keys, PgUp / PgDn, [Shift] + Tab, Mouse Scroll.

Grouping and Filtering in FoxTab.

Grouping : Provides you with a list of the websites that are currently opened. When clicking on particular website, FoxTab displays only the tabs which were originated from that website.
    Filtering : Provides you with a text box to quickly filtering tabs by their title, domain or url.