Thread: What are the Pay-per-View Advertising Sales Strategies

What are the Pay-per-View Advertising Sales Strategies

Hello to all,
    I don't know very much about Internet advertising in these days. I know that most of the sites get paid if people click on the advertisement which are displayed on their websites. I want to know whether it is true for big sites like Yahoo, CNN, etc? or they get paid on pay-per-view basis for their ads. I am asking this question for you because I don't see any logic in the pay-per-click rather than pay-per-view. I know that it is very worth for advertiser if people click on add and visit there websites, but I think view is also more important. Because through view also, adds is reach to other people. I want to know that is there any pay-per-view programs available? If available are they effective? Can anyone tell me what are the Pay-per-View Advertising Sales Strategies in details?
    Thank you.

Re: What are the Pay-per-View Advertising Sales Strategies

As per my information the big sites like Yahoo!, CNN, etc. are able to charge advertiser on pay-per-view basis, because due to it's popularity they have big traffic to provide value to that product. It is same as a a billboard on the side of the popular high way or TV ad, because it seen by lot's of users. In this way these big sites can say that "we have 1mm users see this page every day and for this reason ad space is worth $XXXX"

It is true that If you have enough traffic, then advertiser will be willing to pay for pay per view. This is because their ad is view by most of the people. It is done for particular region only. It means that if GM motors is in india and if you are tried to show add on all over world then it will not worth for advertiser, because he have to pay more unnecessarily. To over come this problem. Such type of ads are shown own depend on situation.

Pay-per-click: In this type of Advertising Sales Strategies if your are advertiser then you are charged every time, when someone clicks on your advertisement.

Pay-Per-View : In this type of Advertising Sales Strategies if your are advertiser then you are charged whenever your ad is view by people. It is set by the advertiser when they set up their ad campaign.