Thread: Windows 7 does not allow Mozilla firefox installation

Windows 7 does not allow Mozilla firefox installation

Hello, I have recently upgraded my computer and have installed Windows 7 operating system on it. I am trying to install Mozilla firefox 2.0 on Windows 7 but it is not allowing the installation. Whenever I try to install the browser, the installer loads and then gets terminated automatically. This happens everytime I try to install the browser. Therefore if anybody can explain me why Windows 7 does not allow Mozilla firefox installation then it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 does not allow Mozilla firefox installation

The installer file from which you are trying to install the browser may be faulty due to which the browser is not getting installed. Many times the installation files which are downloaded from the internet, do not get downloaded completely due to the internet fluctuation. Therefore try downloading a new installer file and then try to install it on the computer. Downloading new installer file for the browser will solve the problem.

Windows 7 has some incompatibility issues with lot of manufacturers of the softwares. Due to this incompatibility issue these softwares do not get installed on Windows 7. This incompatibility issue was then resolved in later patches and updates which are released for Windows 7. Therefore update the current installation of Windows on your computer or download the patch for it which is available on the official website of Microsoft. Once Windows installation on the computer is updated you will not face the same problem again.

Try running the installer file in compatibility mode and then see if the browser gets installed on the computer or not. All the versions of Windows operating system which are released after Windows XP have compatibility mode. Using compatibility mode the applications which used to run in earlier versions of Windows operating system without any problems can be used in new version of the Windows operating system. To run the installer in compatibility mode, right click on installer and select properties. Select "Run the application in compatibility mode" and select Windows Xp. Save and apply the settings and then see if the browser can be installed or not.

The version of the browser which you are trying to install on the computer is very old and I think that is the reason why the browser is not getting installed. I would suggest you to download the latest Mozilla firefox browser from the official website and then install it on the computer. I dont think the latest installer file will create problems while installation. Before installing the browser using latest installation file, remove all the files and keys related to earlier version of Mozilla from the computer. Once the computer is free from the traces of the earlier version of the browser, then only try to install the new browser.

Have you tried using some other browser? There are lot of browsers which are available online. Mozilla firefox, Opera, Safari are some of the browsers which are available. All the mentioned browsers have more or less same features as of Mozilla firefox and hence can be used instead of Mozilla firefox. Download and install one of the mentioned browser and see if Windows 7 allows you to install it or not. If the new browser gets installed then there is some problem with the installation file of Mozilla otherwise Windows 7 is not working properly. Depending on the result, follow the troubleshooting procedure.