Thread: What are the beginner’s web standards mistakes?

What are the beginner’s web standards mistakes?

I am learning the basics of web designing and I belief that learning from the mistakes increases the knowledge of a man, but the thing with me is that I have just started the work so I have not made any mistakes. There is one more saying it is better to learn from others mistake so I am thinking of doing that. That’s why I need to the common mistakes done by beginners by the web designer.

Do not give up because the little setbacks

In this field the best thing you need to know that is do not give up because the little setbacks. I think this is an attitude and approach this issue, which is not only for learning web standards. To learn anything new knowledge, receptive to new ideas, there are difficulties, in particular the need to change your old habits and thinking, when existing. The only question is: Do you think it worthwhile to learn web standards? You may ask yourself: Are you recognized web standards to bring these benefits (to simplify code, speed up the development, compressed file size, improve download speeds, better ease of use, access to more users, easier to maintain, multi-platform compatible )? Do you think world-wide XML are still far away from you? Do you think now hold the HTML knowledge is enough?

Do not use the traditional forms of thinking to set div

"CSS layout is to place the original with the table instead of using div, originally nested tables, it is nested DIV." This view is wrong!

Please jump out of the layout of the original form of imprisonment, to abandon a td then a td to place pictures and content of thinking. We have said above, the purpose of web standards is a separation of content and performance, you can think of it, the page where there is only the content, there is no modification of the case, it looked like a white page, there are some text and pictures ( This image is the content of the picture, there is real meaning of the picture). This text images is just down the order list, only the structure, without any style. Then add the performance of all the modified pictures as the background, using C SS to define the location of each piece of content, fonts, colors and so on.

Re: What are the beginner’s web standards mistakes?

We know that content is structured (if not understand, please read: Understanding the performance and structural phase separation), the same structural elements, we can use the same style to define, such as the same level of the title, text, and pictures. For multiple references style class can be defined, not every have to use id; another is not saying that we use <div>, you can use <p> instead, all would be block-level elements, as there are box model of the seven parameters, <div> just floating convenience.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I will like give a little more detail related to the above reply. As for the sole purpose of row height, spacing, an additional modification of an image instead of div, I think with the right application and understanding of CSS, you will soon be able to omit them. We oppose the use of nested DIV replace the nested table, which makes no sense, does not reflect the content of the structured. Hope that more studies CSS, write the most concise and most effective style sheet.

Not only standardized in order to pass validation.
    The intention is to achieve the standard web content (structure) and performance of the separation is to strip out the style on a separate css file. This has the advantage of the content and performance can be dealt with separately, but also facilitate the search and content re-use. W3C validation is just to help you check whether the specification writing XHTML code, CSS attributes are CCS2 whether the norms. The standardization of the code is only a first step, not to say that through the validation, my web page on the standardized. We are not for fame, or to show off to others: "look at my page passed validation" away standardization, our aim is to make their web design work more efficiently, in order to reduce the page size, in order to be able in any browser and network equipment in the normal view.