Thread: How to use Google Voice in Google Chrome?

How to use Google Voice in Google Chrome?

I am using the Google Voice service that enable the sending of the SMS and making call now i have start using the Google Chrome browser which is also the product of the Google so i want to combine both the feature together to work with. I wanted to know How to use Google Voice in Google Chrome? so that i can perform the same which i have asked about. A help may be appreciated.

Re: How to use Google Voice in Google Chrome?

As you are planning to add both i.e. Google Voice and Google Chrome browser together, it is also reviewed by the Google so they have developed the Google Chrome extension which is known as the "Google Voice" to perform the instant Google Voice in the Google browser. So use this extension and enjoy the Google Voice in the same browser.

This extension notifies you of new messages and gives you quick access to calling and free SMS via Google Voice. Also this Adds a button to the toolbar, which displays the number of unread messages in your Google Voice inbox. When any message of the same arrives it alert the user for that so that user can get the message at right time.

Here are some of the feature of the extension that i got on the Google Chrome browser and posting here.
    • Adds a button to the toolbar, which displays the number of unread messages in your Google Voice inbox.
    • Audible alert on new messages (can turn off in extension options).
    • Gives you quick access to your most recent messages with transcripts and voicemail playback.
    • Lets you initiate calls and send free text messages by just typing any number or contact name.
    • Makes phone numbers on websites callable via Google Voice by just clicking on them.
    • If a phone number doesn't turn into a link on any website

If you are using the Google Voice extension and don't want to here the voice alert then you can off the same from the option setting of the Google Chrome. For that just click on the Google Chrome tools menu and the to the extension which will display you the list of the active extension and on the right end of the each extension you will get the option button, Click on that and manage the Voice alert.

If you are new for the Google Chrome browser then think you are having less knowledge about the extension download of the same. So here i am explaining the method to download the same.
    • Double Click on Chrome to open it
    • Click on Tools
    • Click on Extension
    • Click on Get More Extension link
    • Make internal search for Google Voice
    • Click on Install
    • Now you can get the same from the browsers toolbar.