Thread: Mozilla firefox does not open Outlook express links

Mozilla firefox does not open Outlook express links

Hello, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP operating system. The desktop computer has an Internet connection and used Internet explorer before. Recently I installed Mozilla firefox and now the links from the outlook express are not working. Whenever I click on the links in outlook express they do not work. I have to manually copy the entire link and then copy it in the address bar. Therefore if anybody can explain me why Mozilla firefox cannot open Outlook express links it would be really helpful. Please help.

Re: Mozilla firefox does not open Outlook express links

The version of the Mozilla firefox which is installed on the computer must be corrupt due to which the browser is not working properly. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which are associated to the browser gets corrupt or is missing on the computer then the browser will not work properly. Replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system and then check if the browser is working properly or not. Uninstall the browser and remove all the files and keys associated to the application. Once all the traces of the application are removed, reinstall the browser and see if it works properly.

Check if the link which are present in the Outlook express are proper or not. If the link are not proper or incomplete then the browser will not be able to open the link. Sometimes incomplete links appear in the outlook express which have lot of junk characters. If such a link is directly clicked on, then the link will not get open. Hence check if the link is proper or not. You can repair the link by copy pasting the link on the notepad and then delete the junk characters from the link. After removing the junk characters, the link will open in Mozilla firefox.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Sometimes the add-on/applications installed on the browser create problems which you are facing. Some files of the browser are corrupt and if such an application is installed on the browser, it will definitely corrupt the files of the browser. If such a situation occurs then the browser will not work properly. Mozilla firefox has a diagnostic mode which is known as safe mode. In safe mode all the applications/add-ons are disabled. Start the browser in safe mode, to start the browser in safe mode, type "firefox.exe/safemode". If the browser works properly in safe mode then find and remove the application which is creating problem.

Follow these steps and let me know if it works :-

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Click on Tools and then select Folder options.
    • Now select "Files Types" tab.
    • Check if the HTTP is highlighted or not.
    • Now Select Advanced.
    • Check if the Open is highlighted in the Action box.
    • Select Edit.
    • Remove the check mark from Use DDE and then click on Browse.
    • Select the location of Mozilla firefox and click on OK.
    • Check if the path of Mozilla appears in the Applications tab.
    • Now click on the path and add "-url "%1" - ending with double quotes.
    • Click on OK.
    • Repeat the same procedure for HTTP with Privacy.

Now the there would be no problem in opening the links of Outlook Express in Mozilla firefox.