Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2010

Publishing Videos on FTP Sites

Hi,
I have a small ftp site where I post blogs. Now I want to add up a additional space to share some files on it and stream a webcam video online. I had not done this before so I need some tips on the same. Currently which software is useful in this matter which can offers me a good webcam streaming. How to setup the page where users can see my web cam video.
Old 03-03-2010

Re: Publishing Videos on FTP Sites

For this purpose evocam is best. But it is not for free. Before that you can download a 15 day trial and use the same. EvoCam is a program that uses a remote server (iDisk or an FTP server for example) for transmission video. The software usage is a bit difficult a priori to beginners, but if you follow my instructions exactly you will see that this is not so complicated
Old 03-03-2010

If you have a personal web address then you can simply add a new folder (subdomain) on your FTP server (discussed below). But if you do not have any personal web address, nothing more simple for you to create one. All ISPs offer free creation of personal pages, so just create a few clicks, a personal page, even if you do not become a webmaster outstanding because this is just to show your images live on your web page. For this Evocam is a suitable solution.
Old 03-03-2010

Yes, indeed, that you have an Internet address (URL) and you have have to arrange for a single disk from your ISP, and it is the place where you put your site content an all the files which are associated with your website like pages, photos etc. This disk is called as the web server or FTP server which is accessed through a software FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Here you can configure the cam settings for online video streaming.
Old 03-03-2010

Once you have configured your FTP site then just check the working. Now create another new folder on your FTP server. For that you can simply click on New Folder from the menu of Transmit, then check the home. Name this file as you see fit, sharing for example. Finally click on Create. This is the folder where you keeps the files for sharing with other users.
Old 03-03-2010

It is easy to configure EvoCam. For that launch the application and then in the Location enter the exact path to follow the FTP server address to which you add for e.g. / Folder name set / webcam.jpg. Select here also your username and password. In Refresh, indicate the time for e.g 10 seconds or less or more is up to you. This is the refreshing of the image displayed by the webcam and not the site. Check the box well Upload image to server so that images are properly displayed on your website.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,