Thread: Why Cant I access Hotmail on Internet Explorer?

Why Cant I access Hotmail on Internet Explorer?

Hello there, I have been using Internet explorer for a while now and have never faced such problems with it before. I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows Xp operating system. Internet Explorer 7 is installed as the default browser on the system. The problem is whenever I try to access Hotmail on Internet explorer it does not allow me to click on anything. This is very annoying as I am not able to access any of my emails. Therefore if anybody can explain me Why I am not able to access Hotmail on Internet Explorer it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Re: Why Cant I access Hotmail on Internet Explorer?

The problem can be because of the installed version of the browser. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which are associated to the browser gets corrupt then the browser will not work properly. The only solution to the problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt. Replacing the corrupt files will solve the problem. Uninstall the current installed version of the browser and then remove all the keys/files which are associated to it from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer. Reinstall the browser and check if you are able to access Hotmail or not.

Are there any security software's installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind your problem. The security software's have basic tendency of blocking all the unknown traffic originating or coming towards the computer. Because of this tendency sometimes the user desired traffic is also blocked which creates problems. Therefore try and disable the real time shield of the security software and then check if the hotmail account works properly or not. You can also add the process of the browser to the trusted applications list of the security software and then see if the hotmail works normally or not.

Have you tried using some other browsers? There are many web browsers available online which can be used instead of Internet explorer. Mozilla firefox, Google chrome, Safari and Opera are some of them. All the mentioned browsers have more or less similar features like Internet explorer and hence can be used instead of Internet explorer without any problems. Download one of the mentioned browsers and install it on the computer. Once installed, check if you are able to access hotmail properly or not. If the other browser works fine, then reinstall Internet explorer and check if it works.

Scan the computer with some updated antivirus as there is high possibility that the computer is infected by some kind of virus. Virus's get downloaded on the computer while visiting certain website or while downloading certain data from the internet. Virus's have the tendency to link with files of the applications which are used frequently. If such a situation occurs then the application whose file is infected will not work properly. Therefore scan the system and see if there are any infected files. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing check if the browser is working properly or not.

Sometimes the application/add-on which are installed on the computer create problems like the one which you are facing. Many times the files of the application/add-on is corrupt. If such an application/add-on is installed on the browser, it will definitely corrupt the files of the browser. Hence I would suggest you to disable the applications/add-on which are installed on the browser and then check if the browser is working properly. If the browser works properly by disabling all the add-ons then find and remove the add-on which is creating problem.