Thread: How to Test Cross-Browser support of a webpage

How to Test Cross-Browser support of a webpage

Hi,
    I am using multiple browsers on to checkout my web page lookout. I had currently installed Firefox, Opera and IE to checkout my web-page outlook and fix out the errors as I keep finding them. But instead of keep on adding a number of browsers is there a easy way of doing this. Does there is any site or software which can give me information on this different outputs.

Re: How to Test Cross-Browser Compatibility of a webpage

There is a solution for you. You can use Xenocode - Browser Sandbox for this purpose. You can test the project in different web browsers (browser). Our most versions of IE and Firefox another. But rarely access (quickly) to several version of IE and Firefox. There are several sites that offer this service. I promise you this one is interesting. You will have to go on its site for furthermore information.

Xenocode requires installing a plugin (preferably in IE 7). Then it will be possible to emulate other browsers (7 main market browsers IE6, Firefox, Google Chrome ,) from an initial browser. It offers free to test your pages in 3 operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux) and 18 browsers (versions and / or different browsers). Here you can choose between 6 screen sizes, 4 color depths, 5 versions of Java script, 3 versions of Flash, etc.

There is an online service for this purpose. It is called as CrossBrowserTesting. You can look for the same on Google. It offers a different approach by offering the opportunity to test their sites not only on all browsers, including the most sensitive or the most recent versions like IE8, but also on all versions of all systems of operating Windows (including Windows 7), Mac OS and Linux, all whatever your machine, without installing anything other than a Java virtual machine, normally already on your PC.

CrossBrowserTesting actually uses a VPN using Java, which allows you to connect to a virtual machine on their server, which returns machine on your system image and the selected browser. Simply put, you take temporary control of a remote PC that displays what you ask and send the image on your screen. So that you can get an overview of your web-page.

On the same you can also decide if you want or not plug-ins, like Flash, Acrobat Reader and Java, and a button lets you make a screen-shot of your session. I tested if I did not have to wait in queue, the display of pages is not very smooth and vertical scrolling is not particularly pleasant because the page is reloaded after each move. The service is free for test sessions of 5 minutes maximum, for which you will be in queue behind the customers who are paying them priority. After that you will get charged.