Thread: Ant Toolbar not visible in Mozilla firefox

Ant Toolbar not visible in Mozilla firefox

Hello, Please help me in solving this weird problem with Mozilla firefox. I am using Mozilla firefox 2.0 as the web browser on my computer which is running on Windows Xp. Recently I installed Ant toolbar on Mozilla firefox to download videos from various websites but the problem is Ant Toolbar not visible in Mozilla firefox. I am not that computer savvy and hence I need your expertise to solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Ant Toolbar not visible in Mozilla firefox

The version of Firefox which you are using is quite out dated. The current version of Firefox is 3.6 which is far more updated than the version of the browser which you are using. Earlier versions of the browsers do not support many features which are supported by the new versions of the browser. Hence I would suggest you to get the Mozilla firefox which is installed on the computer updated and then install the Ant toolbar which you have downloaded. Once the version of the browser is updated, you will not face similar problems.

Are there any other applications/add-ons which are installed on the browser? If yes then it could be the cause of the problem which you are facing. Some of the applications/add-ons have corrupt files. If such an application is installed on the browser, it is bound to corrupt the files of the browser. If such a situation occurs then the browser will not work properly. Therefore to be sure if the add-on are creating problem or not, start the browser in safe mode. In safe mode all the installed application/add-on are disabled, therefore if any installed add-on is creating problem then find and remove the application/add-on which is creating problem.

Try downloading the installation file of the Ant toolbar from the official website and check if you can install it on the browser. I think the installation file which you are using to install the add-on is not proper, due to which the toolbar is not getting installed on the browser. It happens that the installation file does not get downloaded properly due to fluctuation in Internet connection. Hence download the installation file and try to install it on the browser. Using other copy of the installation file will solve the issue.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

There are many browsers which are available online which can be used instead of Mozilla firefox. Google chrome, safari, Opera etc are some of the browsers which are available. All the mentioned browsers have more or less same features like Mozilla firefox and hence can be used without any problems. Download one of the mentioned browser and install it on the computer. Once installed, check if the Ant toolbar is getting installed on the new browser. If the Ant toolbar is not getting installed on the new browser also then there is some problem with the toolbar it self.

Many of the toolbars when installed on Mozilla firefox are not visible because of the alignment mismatch. Once the alignment of the toolbar is properly done then the toolbar will be visible. Follow the steps below to align the toolbar properly in Mozilla firefox :-
    1. Open Mozilla firefox.
    2. Now right click on the blank space in the tool bar and select customize.
    3. Now Align the toolbar correctly and click on Done.
    4. Restart the browser.
    Now the toolbar will be visible in Mozilla firefox.