Thread: Certain Websites give error in Mozilla firefox

Certain Websites give error in Mozilla firefox

Hello there, I have been using Mozilla firefox for a long time now and have never faced such an error with it. I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. Mozilla firefox is installed as the default browser on the system. The problem is whenever I try to visit a particular website, it gives error. I am trying to participate in an online contest which has just started but my browser gives an error that the contest has ended last year and if I believe the error I should contact the system administrator. I cant figure why Certain Websites give error in Mozilla firefox and hence need you help in solving the issue. Any suggestions/solutions are more than welcome.

Re: Certain Websites give error in Mozilla firefox

I think the browser version which is installed on the computer has got corrupt due to which you are facing such errors. All the applications have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application gets corrupt then the application will not work properly. The only solution to solve such error is to replace all the files which are corrupt. Replacing the corrupt files will solve the problem. Uninstall the current installed version of the browser from the computer and then remove all the keys/files from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed, reinstall the application and then check if the browser is working properly or not.

Probably the website which you are trying to visit has some problems with the coding due to which you are not able to participate in the contest. Sometimes the code in which the website is made has some problems due to which certain components of the website do not work. If the coding of the website is not proper then there is nothing much you can do about it. You can contact the administrators of the website using the contact us section and see if they are able to provide with the solution or not.

Have you tried using some other browser? Some websites are made in such a way that all the features of the website are available on a particular browser. If all the features of the website are not available on Mozilla firefox then you are bound to face problems. There are many browsers which are available which can be used instead of Mozilla firefox. Google chrome, Safari, Opera are some of them. Download one of the mentioned browser and then install it on the computer. Once the new browser is installed, check if you are able to participate in the contest or not.

There is a high possibility that the computer is infected with some virus due to which you are facing such problem. Virus's get downloaded while visiting certain website or while downloading certain data from the internet. Some of the virus's have the tendency to get linked with the files of the application which are frequently used by the user. If such a situation occurs the application whose file has been infected will not work properly. Therefore scan the system with some updated antivirus and check for the infected files. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected and then check if the browser is working properly. If the number of the files of the browser which are infected is more then you will have to reinstall the browser.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain