Thread: Automatic proxy settings in Safari

Automatic proxy settings in Safari

Hello everyone,

I usually bring my own computer to work. It is easy to connect to a network through ethernet. To go on the internet, I must necessarily use firefox. Configuration is very simple: it is selection of the automatic detection of proxy settings. But if I try to do the same thing with Safari, I am absolutely incapable. What is way to have this option? Thank you for your answers!

Re: Automatic proxy settings in Safari

You go into Safari preferences, then to Advanced, and you have a button to change the proxy settings. And make changes same as you made in firefox as you may have different interface than firefox but settings to be made same.

configuring automatic proxy setting in safari

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin K View Post
    You go into Safari preferences, then to Advanced, and you have a button to change the proxy settings. And make changes same as you made in firefox as you may have different interface than firefox but settings to be made same.
    Thank you for instant help, but i need to confugure it for autmatic proxy settings? I do not see how to adjust automatically.

Thank you, any more ideas about configuring automatic proxy setting in safari?

Insofar Safari gets the proxy settings in System Preferences, it is simpler to different network configurations, and switch from one to another by location. Once you have the settings window, it will just check Auto Discovery Proxy. Otherwise leave saffari use mozilla an ultimate and award winning browser. it's latest version 3.6.

The proxy settings can not be entered directly in the standard browser for Mac OS X, Safari. Instead, the proxy must be changed in the network settings of the system. JonDos recommends preconfigured JonDoFox laptop for secure anonymous web browsing. It is available as a Firefox profile for all operating systems. If you prefer to configure the Safari also possible. I do not know the procedure, but you should Google for it.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Open System Preferences/Network. Select the airport in the left pane and then click the Advanced tab and click the Proxies tab. When you see: Select a protocol to configure Make sure there are no boxes checked. Click on the AirPort tab on that window. Make sure your network is listed below: If no preferred networks, CICK + Type the name of your network or click View Network and select it from there. Your network must be listed in the Preferred Networks window now. Directly below this window, select the checkbox: Remember networks this computer has joined.