Thread: Poor image quality in Internet Explorer 8

Poor image quality in Internet Explorer 8

I use internet at my home for surfing and chatting whenever i am free. The computer is having windows XP with the default browser Internet Explorer, recently i upgraded my IE with the latest version IE 8. It is quite good but there is a problem with the image quality in it, when i browse with IE8 it always display "poor image quality" of the websites. I have done all the settings but not able to clear problem of image quality. If i want to see a particular image in HQ then i need to go to that image with the mouse and click on the image to load it again. Please help me.

Re: Poor image quality in Internet Explorer 8

There would be a reason why you are getting poor image quality, it would be the reason of a client's server which would be using a accelerator, which degrades image quality to run fast downloads. Such a feature can be responsible and might implemented as an ActiveX extension, which means that it can be only used by the IE browser. There would be another reason that the user might have enabled Zoom mode by which it can effect on degrading images. It is automatically enabled by default if DPI is not 96 in the browser.

You can do the setting for the DPI which can solve poor image problem with your IE8

Just follow the steps for changing the DPI setting on your system.

1. Do the right-click on the windows desktop for the context menu.
    2. You need to click Properties in the context menu for the "Display Properties dialog".
    3. Then click the settings tab in the Display Properties for the Settings.
    4. After that click on the Advanced button in the Settings for the monitor properties dialog.
    5. Then select a DPI setting in display frame of the monitor properties dialog to make changes in DPI setting.
    6. Finally restart your system to change the settings.
    7. You need to add the UseHR Registry Entry
    8. To do this please follow the path in your system:
    9. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    10. right click in the right pane and select New>DWORD value and set it to 00000001.

The problem can also be caused by the bad video drivers which had been installed in your system which would not allow the Internet Explorer to diaplay the high quality image. You need to update the video driver with the best driver which suite best for your computer. You can get the latest updates on the manufacturers websites or you can also find in another way by going on the google search and find some good video and graphics drivers to give you the best image quality through internet explorer.

I would like to suggest you that if you can use previous version of the internet explorer then it can solve your problem. I don't know which version you were using previously but if you want then you can try IE7 in your system. You need to uninstall the latest version of your internet explorer and install the previous version to have the better and safe web surfing experiance in your system. You ca also go on the web and find some useful browser which do not provide any kind of problem during surfing.

You can also see some other browser which are available in the market like firefox, opera, googe chrome, etc. You can use other browser if you IE 8 is not supporting you in image quality. You can have "Firefox" which is the best browser used by most of the people. It gives you the great features which the IE doesn't have. It is the fastest browser that i have ever seen and you can also try this one. You will not face any kind of image problem in this browser and it is more secure.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain