Thread: Internet Explorer 8 fails cannot connect to internet

Internet Explorer 8 fails cannot connect to internet

Hello there, Previously I had Internet explorer 7 which worked fine on my laptop which has Windows XP installed on it. Recently I upgraded the version of Internet explorer on the computer and Now I am facing some problems with it. Now the Internet Explorer 8 fails to connect to Internet. Whenever I start Internet Explorer, it gives "Page cannot be displayed" error. Internet connection to the laptop is provided through a Linksys wireless router. I dont have networking knowledge and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any suggestions/solutions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 fails cannot connect to internet

There must be some problem with the version of the browser which you have installed on the computer. All the applications have many files which are associated to it. If any of the files which are associated to the application gets corrupt then the application will not work properly. You will have to replace all the corrupted files manually. Once all the corrupted files are removed, you will not face the same problem. Uninstall the browser and remove all the files/keys from the computer. Once all the traces of the applications are removed from the computer, reinstall the browser again and see if it works properly.

Try using some other browser and see if you are able to access the Internet or not. There are many browsers which are available online which can be used to access Internet. Google chrome, Mozilla firefox, safari etc are some browsers are some of them. All the mentioned browsers have more or less similar features hence they can be used instead of Internet Explorer. Download and install one of mentioned browsers and then see check if you are able to internet or not. If you are able to access internet using some other browser then remove the current installed Internet explorer as it has some problems.

Are there any security software's which are installed on the computer? Security software's work on the basic principle of blocking all the unknown traffic which is originating or coming to the computer. Due to this principle sometimes the traffic which is desired by the user is also blocked. Hence try to move the process of the browser to trusted applications list of the security software or disable the security software and then see if the Internet explorer is able to connect to Internet or not.

Sometimes the add-on/applications which are installed on the browser also create problems while connecting to internet. Many times the files of the add-on/application which is installed on the browser is corrupt. If such corrupt application/addon is installed on the browser, then it will corrupt the browser files also. Therefore try disabling all the add-on/applications which are installed on the browser and check its performance. If the browser works normally when the add-on/applications are disabled then find and remove the applications which is creating problems while surfing.

I would suggest you to check the connectivity of the computer to the router. I think the router and the computer are not able to communicate with each other properly and hence you are getting page cannot be displayed error. If the DHCP on the router is not working properly then the communication between the router and the computer will not be proper. Login to the route and go to the configuration page. Now disable the DHCP and then enable it again. After re-enabling the DHCP on the router, Check if the browser can access the internet or not.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain