Thread: Using Snow Leopard Address book online

Using Snow Leopard Address book online

Hi,
    I had imported my old contacts in the newly upgraded Snow Leopard PC. I had shared the same last time with other users on the network. Now in this new one I need tips to share the same online. Like the mail what are the other tools in which I can use Address book. What is needed to share the same address book online. And how to configure other mailing accounts on it.

Re: Using Snow Leopard Address book online

Comes with OS X, the Address Book is a valuable tool More than just a book collecting the names and contact details of your numerous contacts, this application works in harmony not only with many applications, such as Mail, iChat or iCal for example, but this book also offers many other functions often overlooked yet very useful. If you have a MobileMe and indeed Address Book may at any time be synchronized via the tab Synchronization on dashboard and MobileMe gets sync with your Address Book remote and you can access your contacts from any computer.

It is possible to synchronize your contacts in Address Book with your Mac address book accounts Yahoo! and Google. It is possible to to share the Address book over the internet. This only for those who have an account MobileMe. The main usefulness of the Address Book is to record all his contacts. You can enter your contacts as sheets, and even if you can set a model for the default, you can always set each sheet individually by adding / removing a particular field of information.

For configuration you have to go in setting preferences. For that go to the menu Address Book and then Preferences. A window opens with 5 buttons at the top. The first General will help to set the display order of first name, sort your files, the address format and the font size. And then the accounts tab where you can configure your online accounts.

Yes you can configure your MobileME accounts on this. For that run the Address book and then click on Accounts. Now check on synchronize with MobileMe if you have a MobileMe and other Macs. After that check on synchronize with Yahoo if you have a Yahoo and in the same way for Google setting. You can then synchronize the Address Book on your Mac with one of your Yahoo! and or Google.

It is quiet easy to use Address book, here you just need to click on Create to generate anew account for your self. If you plan to share your Address book then check the Share your Address Book and add people who are allowed to access your Address Book. But this function only reserved for account holders MobileMe. If don't have that account then you cannot access the same.