Thread: What are Google Buzz Privacy Settings

What are Google Buzz Privacy Settings

Hi,
    I was a havoc about Google Buzz privacy settings. I had created one account in the same. But in my case my both Gmail and Buzz account was a new one. So did not noticed any specific changes in the same. The thing creates doubts in mind that my account is open to some threat. What are the this privacy settings and what are the causes to secure the account.

Re: What are Google Buzz Privacy Settings

Google has announced the the change in the parameters to control the privacy of Buzz. This is due to with widespread criticism, the search has backtracked on one of the most controversial, the automatic creation of the list of friends. Like Facebook, Google Buzz works with a list of contacts or friends. The social network, which is currently only available through the Gmail system, was preparing a list based on those with which the users exchange messages more often.

This has happened due to automated creation of this list, which usually causes several dozen people, had provoked strong reactions, and several stories of people who consider themselves trapped by Buzz Google toured specialized sites and social networks. So Google has terminated auto-follow. It is automatic addition of contacts followed by the user which works favor of an auto-suggest.

When you register to Google Buzz, the user can preview the list of contacts that the service it proposes to monitor and validate them or exclude them individually. The double modification by Google on the control parameters of privacy tends to call into doubt several recent statements about the end of privacy. So due to that all this issues were created.

The major change was announced soon after the launch of Google Buzz. This changes were done by making more visible the privacy options of service. Upon service activation, Buzz automatically creates a list of friends based on people with whom the user is most frequently. By default, many items are visible by all members of this list, including the profile or list of friends.

Yes that is right the auto creations of friends list really mess up the account. This has significant visibility caused numerous adverse reactions, users have had the feeling of not being able to control what was made available to many people. Sometime those were added in your list whom you never know or don't want. The principle is simple, based largely on popular social networks Facebook and Twitter. Some additional features have obviously been added as the prioritization of messages based on your business and the importance you attach to a particular contact.