Thread: What is Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router

What is Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router

hi
    i am mca student. I am using laptop for my personal use.I have also installed windows xp operating system. Actually i want to know about mobile router,it will helpful for me as wi-fi alliance in cellular phones. So i have choose Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router but i don't have much information about that so any body tell me some basic detail about this Mobile Router.

Re: What is Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router

The mobile router in cisco is not support only mobile nodes but also for mobile router. The important thing which is nodes which are behind the router doesn't need of any knowledge of Mobile IP in any shape or form. A high-speed data plan from your cell-phone service provider, a simple PC card, and some client software are usually all you need. As well as they don't need of any knowledge of Mobile IP stack set up or supported on them. basically they just used normal Ethernet or other connectivity to the mobile router. Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router type of router used 802.11g wireless router but make sure that they supports only 1xEV-DO.

Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router has all features of 802.11g wireless. Basically 802.11 standard is mostly used for wireless means wi-fi alliance. Two higher-speed standards followed 802.11b, but 11g transmits in the same 2.4 GHz range and is compatible with 11b. This type of mobile router made by the D-Link—includes a four-port switch and incorporates a slot in the back for your cell carrier's EV-DO PC card. Basically this system support only EV-DO. EV-DO works on EV-DO cellphones as well as laptops and portable devices that have EV-DO modems. As well as you can also use a data-capable cell phone as a cellular modem by connecting it to a USB port on the device. You can also get more information on the Kyocera Web site.
    Last edited by Techguru01; 23-02-2010 at 12:57 AM.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Every time your mobile router peers with a new neighbor,you generate routing updates into the network. That type of mobile router also have better security because KR1 supports WPA with preshared keys for better security. The KR1 is built around D-Link router hardware,features of wireless router and other important advanced capabilities like port triggering. This mobile router support only EV-DO,EV-DO is also known as "1xEV-DO."The KR1 has LEDs for power and status as well as WAN and WLAN activity.The KRI lost signal at 110 feet, but that was 10 feet farther than the MB6000 reached, and performance at that distance was more than double that of the MB6000 at 100 feet.

The Mobile Router feature adds some routing support for stubby mobile networks. The configured mobile network is put into the routing table on the Home Agent, with route via the second tunnel direct to the Mobile Router. So Kyocera KR1 mobile router is the best for customer who want to share cellular Internet service, and they don't plan to switch wireless services soon. In that system you can used USB support for select phones.If you do need a fixed IP address, then Mobile IP provides a highly scalable solution.