Thread: How to become invisible in Gtalk

How to become invisible in Gtalk

Hello,

I have just downloaded the gtalk client, actually i rarely use my gmail account, and mainly use the yahoo messenger to chat with my friends. But now i'm also using gtalk, but i can't find many features from yahoo messenger into gtalk. Like basically i don't know how to be invisible to my friends in gtalk? isn't it a required feature? i hope there is some way to enable it in gtalk.

thanks for any response.

Download latest Gtalk Messenger Cleint

If you'll see in the status drop down menu, you'll find the invisible option to become invisible to all your friends in gtalk. But its not present in later gtalk clients, you need to download the latest gtalk client to use this option. Otherwise if you access the gtalk from the gmail email account then there you can find the invisible option in status drop down menu. You can download the latest gtalk client here: Download Gtalk Client

Invisible mode in Gmail chat

But it will not work if you are logged in simultaneously with Google Talk and Gmail. Yes you can be offline in Gtalk and also chat with friends who are online, completely invisible. Google has also provided invisible mode in Gmail chat is also very simple, use the invisible option now available under the "set status here" option.

Explore Hidden Features of Gtalk

Refer to following topics which describes various tips about Gtlak that can help you to find many hidden functions and become more user friendly with gtalk :

Tricks and Tips of Gtalk
    Important Tips For Every Google Talk User
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Gtalk vs Yahoo Messenger

Yes now we all know that Gtalk also includes the Invisible mode like yahoo messenger, but i want to say the difference, in yahoo messenger we can make settings to each and every account in your friends list whether you want to be available or invisible to them by using stealth settings but its not possible in Gtalk. Once you choose invisible option in Gtalk you are invisible to everyone in your list, there is no feature to configure this setting separately for each user like we do in yahoo messenger.

Gtalk Comparison with other messengers

Quote Originally Posted by worm4u View Post
    Yes now we all know that Gtalk also includes the Invisible mode like yahoo messenger, but i want to say the difference, in yahoo messenger we can make settings to each and every account in your friends list whether you want to be available or invisible to them by using stealth settings but its not possible in Gtalk. Once you choose invisible option in Gtalk you are invisible to everyone in your list, there is no feature to configure this setting separately for each user like we do in yahoo messenger.
    Yes this is very much true, but Gtalk improving slowly slowly, as its still in 1.x version. Now Gtalk also includes voice and video chat via Google Video and Google Voice plugins for Gtalk. Gtalk has no comparison with yahoo messenger, obviously yahoo messenger is better one, but gtalk is good in its own way, basically its small part of awesome Gmail account.