Thread: Error 12029 in Internet Explorer

Error 12029 in Internet Explorer

I have recently installed Internet explorer 8 as the default browser on my Sony laptop which is installed with Windows XP. The laptop accesses the Internet by connecting to the Dlink Wireless router. The problem which I am facing is that Whenever I use Internet explorer 8 on my laptop I get an error 12029 which says "Cannot establish connection to server". I cant figure out why I am getting Error 12029 in Internet Explorer 8. If anybody has any information about the same then please share some information.

Re: Error 12029 in Internet Explorer

I would suggest you to check if the laptop is connecting to the network properly or not. I think the laptop is losing connectivity to the router while you are trying to surf the internet and hence you are getting such error. Install the drivers for the network adapter on the laptop again. Go to device manager and then highlight the network adapter. If there are any caution signs then you will have to follow the troubleshooting procedure. Once troubleshooting procedure is done then try connecting to Internet and see if you are able to access it properly. If troubleshooting does not help then you will have to update the drivers and check if the laptop is able to connect to the network or not.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Have you uninstalled any application on the computer lately? If yes then it could be the key to your problem. Error 12029 is a common error which can be encountered if some application is incorrectly installed or uninstalled on the computer. Improper installation/uninstallation of the application leads to creation of invalid keys in the Windows registry. Such invalid keys tend to produce the error 12029 in the computer. Therefore if there is any application which is uninstalled lately, then open the registry editor and remove the keys of the application which is recently uninstalled.

Security software's have the tendency of blocking any unknown traffic coming or going out of the computer. Due to this tendency sometimes the traffic which is desired by the user is also blocked. I think the security software's which are installed on your computer are creating problems while surfing. To solve this problem, move the process of the browser which you are using to good known applications. Once the process of the browser is moved to known application then the browser will not be blocked. You can also try and disable the security software to check if the browser is working properly without it or not.

DHCP on the router is responsible for assigning IP addresses to the devices which are connected to it using Wireless connection. DHCP assigns the IP address to the devices from the pool of available IP address. If the DHCP on the router is not working then the devices which are connected to the router using Wireless will get disconnected frequently. Therefore login to the router to check if the DHCP on the router is working properly. Go to the configuration page and disable the DHCP. Once disabled, you will have to enable the DHCP again by logging into the router. Once done save the settings and then reboot the router.