Thread: Youtube doesn't work on Internet explorer 8

Youtube doesn't work on Internet explorer 8

Hello, I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. The computer has an Internet connection and Internet explorer 8 is set as default browser on the system. The problem is I cannot open the Youtube website on my browser. Whenever I try to play any online video using Youtube, the browser shows that the video is being buffered but nothing happens. I cant figure what is causing such problem. Therefore if anybody else is facing similar problems like Youtube not working on internet explorer 8 then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Youtube doesn't work on Internet explorer 8

It is possible that your Internet service provider must have blocked the youtube website and hence you are not able to access it. Many times the ISP's block the websites which lead to large bandwidth utilization. This is done to prevent the loading of the communicating channel. Therefore I would suggest you to contact your ISP and confirm with them if youtube is blocked or not. If the ISP has blocked the website then you will not able to access the website but if it is not blocked then you will have to follow certain troubleshooting procedure to solve the problem.

The installed version of the browser must be corrupt due to which you are not able to access websites like youtube. All the applications have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application gets corrupt, then the application will not work properly. The only solution to the problem is to replace the files of the browser which are corrupt and then check the performance of the browser. Uninstall the browser and remove all the files/keys related to the application from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed, reinstall the browser again.

All the videos which are loaded on the youtube are flash videos which requires java script enabled and a advanced flash player to be installed on the computer. If the any of this is missing then the videos on the youtube will not be played. Therefore check if the browser has a latest flash player installed on it and has javascript enabled. If the latest player is not installed, then download and then install it on the browser. Once the advanced player is installed on the browser, you will not face similar problems again.

I think the computer is infected by some kind of virus which is not allowing you to visit the website. There are some virus's which when downloaded link with the preferences files of the browser and then change it. If such situation occurs then the browser will work weirdly. Therefore it is better to scan the computer for any virus's. If there are any virus's found then repair or quarantine them and check if you are able to access the website. If the number of infected files of the browser is more then you will have to reinstall the browser again.