Thread: Mozilla Firefox continuously gives crash report box

Mozilla Firefox continuously gives crash report box

Hello people, Please suggest some solutions to the problem which I am facing. I have a desktop which is installed with Windows XP service pack2 operating system. The default browser on the computer is Mozilla firefox. Recently I tried to update the browser on the computer but had to stop the procedure midways. Now the Mozilla firefox will not open at all. Whenever I try to open the browser, Mozilla Firefox continuously gives crash report box which does not let me access the browser. Is this because of the incomplete update procedure? Or is this due to some virus? Please help.

Re: Mozilla Firefox continuously gives crash report box

By looking at the problem it is clear that the version of the browser which is installed on the computer is corrupt due to which you are facing such problems. All the applications have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the file which is associated with the application gets corrupt then the application will not work properly. The only solution to solve the problem is to replace the files of the application which are corrupt. Uninstall the current version of the browser from the computer and then remove all the files/keys associated to the application from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are reinstall the application and see if it works.

Are there any add-on/application installed on the browser? If yes then they could be the reason why you are facing the problem. Sometimes the files of the add-on/application are corrupt. If such application/add-on is installed on the browser, it will corrupt the files of the browser. If such a situation occurs then the browser will not function properly. Open the browser in safe mode and then see if the browser is working properly. To open the browser in safe mode, type "firefox.exe/safemode" in the run tab. In safe mode all the applications and add-on are disabled. Hence if the browser works properly in safe mode, then find and remove the application/add-on which is creating problems.

There are many internet browsers which are available online which can be used instead of Mozilla firefox. Google chrome, Safari, Opera etc are some browsers which are available and have more or less same features like Mozilla. Download one of the mentioned browser and then install it on the computer. Once installed check if the browser is working properly or not. If the other browser works properly, remove the installed Mozilla from the computer. Download the latest version of the browser which is available and then install it again.

Whenever any software is updated, all the files which are related to the old version are replaced by the files of the new version. As you had stopped the update procedure midways, only half of the files of the browser must have got replaced. Now your browser installation consist of files from the new version of the browser and files from the old browser which must be conflicting with each other. Therefore remove the application completely from the computer and download the updated version of the browser on the computer. Once new version of the browser is installed, you will not face the same problem again.

Virus can also be the possibility behind such problem. Virus get downloaded on the computer while visiting certain website or while downloading some data on the computer. If a virus gets downloaded on the computer, it tries to get linked with the files of the application which are frequently used. Once this happens then the application will not work properly. Hence scan the system with an updated antivirus and check all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. If the number of files of the browser which are infected are more then you will have to reinstall the browser again.