Thread: How to synchronize Firefox profiles by Mozilla Weave

How to synchronize Firefox profiles by Mozilla Weave

Hi,
    Does anyone knows to use Mozilla Weave. I had found this extension and found that by this I can create my own online profile in Mozilla and use the same from anywhere I want. But the problem is I am not sure about the configuration settings of the same. First how to create a profile in it and then how to use the same. Does it saves passwords to. Thanks in advance.

re: How to synchronize Firefox profiles by Mozilla Weave

Mozilla Weave is a new Firefox extension which is released recently. The goal of this application is to allow uses to sync there profile online between the different devices and platforms. This will add support for many addons supported by the browse and earch plugins. It offer multiple customizations options and gives an ultimate web and personal experience.

The extension aim is to provide complete mobility of users. It is already present in competing browsers like Opera. Note now the emergence of a module Weave in the Tools menu and status bar, useful to indicate the synchronization status. To enable synchronization of your profile, Weave invites you already create a user account. Note that it is not only possible - it is the default option, host your data on the Mozilla servers but also on your own FTP server - practical issues of confidentiality.

You have to first choose the standard option by trusting in selecting Mozilla Mozilla Weave Server drop-down list and then clicking the Create Account Mozilla Weave. Here add up a use name and create a strong password. Provide other information and proceed further. The fourth step requires the creation of an encryption key necessary for the protection of your data. To create it, just enter a secret phrase and to confirm in a second field. Do not lose it, it will be useful later on.

At last one thing you have to is configure the components of the profile to save the history, bookmarks, passwords, preferences and tabs. By default, Firefox will sync all but you can choose Use my custom settings to configure your wish Weave. When you're ready, click Start Syncing and wait. Weave icon located in the information bar tells you the state of activity. By right clicking on it, you'll have access to the log file to verify the success of the operation.

Once you run the application you can synchronize your profile online. your data is protected for a possible restoration for example. However, the usefulness of this extension lies in being able to share their profile on as many computers and / or mobile devices capable of using Mozilla Firefox. This gives you more easy way to use this and manage your profile from anywhere.