Thread: Google Chrome unable to load certain websites

Google Chrome unable to load certain websites

Hello, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP operating system. The computer is connected to the Internet connection. Google chrome is set as the default browser on the computer. Now the computer is behaving little weird. Google chrome is unable to load certain websites. I cant figure out what is the problem. The internet connection is provided by a Linksys wireless router. I cant figure out what is causing the problem and hence need your assistance to solve the issue. Any suggestions/solution are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Google Chrome unable to load certain websites

I would suggest you to check the configuration of the network to which you are connected. Sometimes the configuration of the network changes when a device is connected or removed from the network. If the configuration changes then device will not be able to connect to the network and use its resources. Hence check the network preferences of all the devices which are connected to the network. If there are any changes that are to be made then do the changes and then save the configuration. Check if all the websites are visible on the Website.

All the applications have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files related to application get corrupt then the application will not work properly. Therefore it is possible that the version of the browser which is installed on your computer is corrupt. To solve the problem, remove the browser from the computer and then reinstall it. Uninstall the browser and remove all the keys/files related to it from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer. Install the application again and then check if it is working or not.

If there are any application or addon which are installed on the browser then they could be the reason why you are not able to access all the websites. Sometimes the files of the application and the addon which are installed on the browser are corrupt. If such corrupt application or addon is installed on the browser, it will lead to the files of the browser getting corrupt. Try disabling all the application and addons of the browser and then see if the browser is working properly. If the browser is working properly without the add-ons and the application then find and remove the application which is creating problem.

Try scanning the computer with an updated antivirus as I suspect that your computer is corrupted by some virus which is not allowing you to access certain websites. Virus's have the tendency of getting linked with the files of the applications which are frequently used. If such a situation occurs then the application which is affected will not work properly. Hence scan the system with some updated antivirus and check all the infected files. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. Check if all the websites are visible on the browser. If lot of files of the browser are infected then you will have to reinstall the browser again.

YES yes yes, i went to C:\Users\(your profile name here)\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application and renamed the file from chrome.exe to whatever.exe, note you wonte see the .exe but the file is the application or executable file. I did the change went to my desktop launched it and Oh yea it works baby.

Tried the -no-sandbox it didn't work, plus there is a security issue.

hussey Guest

your browser which is installed on your computer is corrupt. To solve the problem, remove the browser from the computer and then reinstall it.

offersking Guest

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.