Thread: Guide me about Linksys Wireless-G Router for Mobile Broadband (WRT54G3GV2-ST)

Guide me about Linksys Wireless-G Router for Mobile Broadband (WRT54G3GV2-ST)

hi friend
    i am mca student. I have just purchased laptop for my studies. Actually i want to take a wireless router for external usage. It can also useful for firewall protection and the main thing which is,i want to take Wireless-G Router so i have choose Linksys Wireless-G Router(WRT54G3GV2-ST) .I don't have much information about that so any one tell me that is that good rather than other give me some basic information out that ,please.

Re: Guide me about Linksys Wireless-G Router for Mobile Broadband (WRT54G3GV2-ST)

The latest generation of the Linksys Wireless-G Router for Mobile Broadband (model WRT54G3GV2-ST) offers far more than a new body. Included some of its best networking technology, so you get a highly secure network environment. Basically in that type of router has a accessibility to setup and wireless capability,mostly wireless router is work like normal wired router but there are some different points like it can access allow the internet and network without any wired connection. So we can use that type of router as wired or wireless or with mixed wired/wireless network. Basically Linksys, is a major provider of home and small office network products.

Re: Guide me about Linksys Wireless-G Router for Mobile Broadband (WRT54G3GV2-ST)

It combines 802.11g Wi-Fi with 3G—supposedly from Sprint (EV-DO), though our test unit worked with a Verizon Wireless 3G modem—or a wired DSL/cable broadband connection. As a design wise it measures around 6.75 x 6.75 x 1.25 inches, not far off the original Linksys blue and black router case. Linksys placed the two USB ports used for the 3G USB dongle too close to each other. After inserting a Novatel U727 3G USB modem, the other port was partially blocked and unusable. In that system it used some data link protocol like Ethernet ,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g ,Fast Ethernet for the connectivity of the system as well as it also used Ethernet for the Switching Protocol. It also uses the remote protocol which is HTTP as wireless connection.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Basically wireless router has capability of access internet on road without any type of wired connection .These type of router is situated between internet and network so it can also helpful for the firewall protection as well as Auto-negotiation. That type of system has a capacity of the filtering the MAC address . It has also Auto-sensing per device and Dynamic IP address assignment features. That type of system are compliant with some different type of configuration like IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3u , IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,Wi-Fi CERTIFIED but again make sure that it is not supported to 11n.

That type of system is a combination of the 802.11g Wi-Fi with 3G ,it means that connected to the Wireless 3G modem or other wired type of modem broadband connection. But sometime as per large size it may not perfect router for outsider user.It can also work with windows xp and vista operating system. The WRT54G3GV2-ST's security features make it ideal for small businesses, too.Easiest router setup on the market. It also Works with Sprint and Verizon EV-DO in test .The Wireless-G router even has an extra USB port in the front panel, reserved for future use.