Thread: Guide me about Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station 802.11n

Guide me about Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station 802.11n

hi
    i just bought laptop as well as i have also installed windows operating system . I have just purchased Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station 802.11n for my personal used but be frank i don't have much information about that system so any body tel me that how it operate as well as give me some basic information about that type of technology.

Re: Guide me about Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station 802.11n

Apple introduced high speed wireless networking to the market with AirPort. the AirPort Extreme is identical to its older incarnation Apple , gloss-white polycarbonate case.but agai make sure that it's not like router, the AirPort Extreme has no Web interface.so you must install a setup/management utility on every client machine. Luckily, the Mac OS includes the necessary software as a design wise. The 802.11n AirPort Extreme uses a white external power supply with an ungrounded plug, like previous models, but shaped as a rounded rectangle in the same style as the base station.make sure that Apple boasts that the new AirPort Extreme is up to five times faster than the old model .the AirPort Extreme automatically realized it was inside a LAN and, as a result, didn't try to generate an internal IP address because it already created.

The Airport Extreme extended the range of my router by doubling the distance that it normally covers.The AirPort Extreme base station has three antennas inside. When running in 802.11n mode, all three are used to transmit and receive data on different frequencies at the same time. AirPort base stations include a USB port for wireless printer sharing among Mac and Windows clients. Make sure that When user accounts are enabled, AirPort creates a standard Mac folder structure on the disk. A top-level folder called "Users" contains a separate home folder for each account.It might be nice to replicate accounts from Mac OS X Server, but anyone using Mac OS X Server probably doesn't need AirPort Disk.

AirPort Extreme now has more flexible access controls . But again make sure that There's little doubt that this router's extensible wireless, simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi, sharing of multiple USB-connected peripherals. Still The AirPort Extreme has impressive wireless range, and better-than-average throughput. AirPort Extreme Base Station 802.11n is a good wireless router longing to be a great one.The main advantage of that type of technology which is AirPort Disk offers expandable, flexible network attached storage.