Thread: Apple TV is not responding

Apple TV is not responding

Hi,

I have installed itunes on macbook pro. The problem is that when I try to connect sync my Apple TV. I get this "ERROR Port 3689 ". The remote is communicating with the apple tv itself because i can see the light changing colour at the front of the box. On the screen an image is displayed, Apple TV is not responding. Can you tell me the solution ???

Re: Apple TV is not responding

Make sure first that:
    • The audio and video cables that connect Apple TV with your TV, connect properly.

• The power cable from Apple TV and your TV are properly connected to the power supply.

• Turned on your TV and set to the correct input source.

If your Apple TV is connected to your network. Open in Apple TV menu Preferences And select Common. Then click Network, And check to see if Apple TV is assigned an IP address. Your network and Internet connections are active and working properly. Apple TV connected with the iTunes Store, and hence the playback of your purchases and borrowed items is authorized.

Try the following steps to resolve your problem :

1. Press a button on the remote control and the status light of Apple TV will not turn on white, the problem may lie with the remote control. See "The remote control does not work".
    2. Hold the button Menu pressed on the Apple Remote to return to the Apple TV main menu.
    3. Reset Apple TV by unplugging it from the mains, wait about 5 seconds and plugging it in again.
    4. Turn off your TV, wait 5 seconds, and then turn it back on.

Ensure that your TV is working properly. For more information, see the documentation for your TV. If you have paired your Apple Remote to Apple TV, make sure that you are using the paired remote. If Apple TV still does not respond, it may be necessary Making a diagnosis or reset to factory settings. Check continue if Apple TV is properly connected to your network and whether the network is properly configured. Does not appear in the configuration of the wireless network, Apple TV, press the Menu button to exit the selection screen. When you revisit this, the software will start a new search.

If Apple TV still does not respond, try restoring the factory settings.

1. While simultaneously holding the keys Menu and Menu down / scroll (-) on the Apple Remote for about 5 seconds or as long pressed until the status amber light blinks.

2. Select a language.

3. Select Restore factory settings.