Thread: Configuring HTTrack on Windows

Configuring HTTrack on Windows

Hi, i am a Windows Vista user. While browsing on this site i found a great tool named as HTTrack Website Copier. Well, i found it very effective and would like to use it on my system. As i dont know anything about it, i request you guys to please let me know the configuration process of HTTrack and how to use the same ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Configuring HTTrack on Windows

The vacuum of websites out at the same time that democratization of the Internet in order to download a low bandwidth site and consult freely then are still valid. With them, you can ask to download an entire site or only a certain number of levels deep pages in the tree, filter elements to bring: pages, images, animations, video, music, and even limit the total weight of the site by setting a threshold not to exceed. Features found in HTTrack, free software.

And for failing to repatriate the entire page in an update of a site you've drawn, only the changed pages are uploaded.

Here is the step by step process of configuring HTTrack:-

1. First download install the HTTrack on your windows system
    2. Once installed run it and click the Next button.
    3. Provide a name for your project capture and define a category if needed.Then click Next.
    4. In the field Web address: (URL), enter the address of the site or page you want to download. To download multiple addresses, enter them separated by a newline.

In order to set the capture mode with HTTrack, just follow these steps:
    • Click the Set button options.
    • Open the Filter Rules tab.
    • Check the box gif, jpg, png, tif and bmp images to download the pages reduced. Check the boxes also adequate for downloading music, animations, etc..
    • Then open the Limits tab.
    • You can now set the maximum level of depth that you will download in the tree of the page you specified. Level 1 is the homepage, 2 at home and all the links it contains, etc ... Be careful not to put too high (above 3 for example) because the number of downloaded pages can quickly reach the tens of thousands on a site well stocked.
    • Also specify the level of download links that point to pages outside the site of origin, 1 for example.
    • If you are limited in size, you can set a maximum size of the site in bytes, 100000000 for 100 MB for example.
    • Scroll maximum rate and choose the option 50 000 to increase the speed of downloading pages and images.
    • Then open the Links tab. Check the box Download the HTML first. All web pages will be downloaded and before images.
    • Finally, click on the OK button. Click Next and then Finish.

The capture begins. Caution, this can be quite long: all links are analyzed, images and downloaded pages and site architecture recreated on your hard drive.

All pages and images on the site are on your computer. You can read whenever you want these pages, copy them to a USB stick to carry with you, etc.. To do so, click the Browse button a copy of the site once aspiration is complete. You can then browse the site offline, directly from the downloaded files. To bring the site with you, go to C: \ My Websites \. Copy the folder with the name of your project on your USB stick for example.

To visit, simply open the folder and double click the file index.html. Your browser will then open the local copy of the site. You can use it, as if you were logged in the limit of depth that you set.

If the site pages got updates, than there is no need to bring everything back. You can download only the pages that have changed. For doing that you can repeat the steps for capture mode. In the Project Name field, pull down the list and select the name of your previous project. Click Next. In the Action list, verify that Update an existing copy is selected.

Change if necessary depth of downloading or other settings by clicking the Set button options. Finally click the Next button and then click Finish. Thats it !!