Thread: Ichat enhancements in mac

Ichat enhancements in mac

What are new things in ichat. I am using OS x 10.6. I use ichat to as my default messenger. I had heard that upgrading to snow is going to provide much newer options in ichat. I need some information on the same. How ichat in snow leopard is better than in mac OS x. What are best features of this software in snow leopard. Is it has a ichat enhancements in mac.

Re: Ichat enhancements in mac

Preceding to Mac OS X 10.6, automating account setups for iChat—even presently for Jabber setups—was attractive hacktacular, except you had your Open Directory servers set up in a very detailed way, Work group Mode. The trouble with Workgroup Mode was that it did not work if you would have been running Open Directory in Mac OS X 10.4, or desirable additional characteristics than Workgroup Mode presented. Even worse, while you can characters a lot in iChat, you cannot characters service/account generation.

This modify with Snow Leopard. iChat has best administer favorites that let you have approximately full control and command over Jabber accounts in iChat (though not for AIM or MobileMe, alas). So, with several fast setup time in Work group Manager, all your new users will have their iChat Jabber accounts set up and coming up for all.

You could do the fundamentals in Mac OS X 10.5, but Leopard left out a lot, like substantiation mechanisms, SSL setup, and so on. In Mac OS X 10.6, you can take care of the serious IMAP and SMTP settings for an account. Regrettably, you cannot do this for POP or Exchange 2007 accounts, but, it is still best than it was. There are some long-standing AppleScript bugs in Mail that made generating accounts via scripts far additional interesting than it be supposed to have been.

Preceding to Mac OS X 10.6, if you used Portable Home Directory Syncing, you had two alternative that is Login/Logout sync or Background Sync. For Mac OS X 10.6, Apple amplified the granularity by permitting you to direct login and logout sync unconnectedly. This is a bonus for people who are trying to diminish login/logout times, while still retaining the benefits of syncing outside of logins.

This one was completely maddening for system admins. You could take all the time to set up Kerberos, and put into practice Single sign-on so that once you would logged in, you infrequently ever had to re-enter a password for file servers and the like, but the only way to use that with the Finder was to use the attach to Server command and control. If you tried using Single sign-on with servers in the Finder Sidebar, you had to physically log in.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain