Thread: Configuring NoScript for Firefox

Configuring NoScript for Firefox

Hi, I have a very short query and hope you guys can help me out for sure. Actually, i am using Firefox as my default web browser and i came to know about NoScript add-on. I heard that it is helpful for execution of malicious javascript. So, could you guys please let me know installation process of NoScript ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Configuring NoScript for Firefox

For those who are unaware that is NoScript, is a plugin for Mozilla Firefox which blocks any malicious code on pages that are not in the list of sites on which it relies. You can block Java , JavaScript and other elements, either temporarily or permanently. Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect yourself against XSS and Clickjacking attacks. It helps you to disable the execution of malicious javascript or custom-made something that is outside of fair play, thanks to its power, edits Adblockplus configurations. The purpose of this application is to protect users of Mozilla Firefox using the approach shown in the preceding paragraph to the scripts and accessories.

The following instructions show step by step how to install NoScript for Mozilla Firefox. Just go through this:-

• Start Mozilla Firefox, and we went to the menu Tools -> Add-ons.

• In the Accessories window, change to section supplements Get clicking the icon on the top. Then in the search field type in noscript and click the small magnifying glass icon.

• When at the bottom of the window displays the description of the NoScript extension, select it and click the Add button to Firefox.

• It then displays a warning window indicating the risks of installing accessories. As in this case we know that the NoScript extension is kind and reliable, click the Install Now button. NoScript Downloading will start.

• Once you download the NoScript extension is complete, click the Restart Firefox button.

Once installed NoScript icon go to the bottom of your browser, click the right mouse button, choose Options from the popup menu and go to the Plugins tab.NoScript serves to block javascripts that can be malignant. Actually blocks everything and one must take care to add to trusted zone considered secure pages, such as You Tube.

After restarting Firefox, if the addon does not open automatically, however window showing just installed the new add, try to open it manually from the menu Tools -> Add-ons and click the Options button on the NoScript extension. In the Noscript settings window go to the General Tab. Then switch to the Whitelist tab. This page is a list of websites which allows you to run scripts and accessories. Here you can remove a particular site by selecting from the list and pressing the Delete Site (s) selected website (s). Then switch to the Plugins tab, which supplements shown to be blocked websites unreliable, ie, unknown anywhere except those indicated as reliable we have to visit them, and also those we have specifically indicated as unreliable .

Under the Layout tab of the NoScript window, you can choose the options that we offer NoScript to visit a page, so that we can indicate that it is reliable or unreliable. When you access a website that contains scripts or additions, you will see that the bottom of Firefox is a small bar that tells us that NoScript has blocked scripts or add-ons website. In most cases, there is no need to do anything. The presence of this bar is purely informative. After the aforementioned bar display, it could happen to notice that some part of the website you're visiting does not work. For example, does not form, or send a message to a forum, a menu does not work that should allow us to choose between several options or does not enter a username and password. In this case, and unless consider that the website you are visiting is trustworthy, you must press the Options button on the toolbar NoScript.