Thread: Configuring TomTom Home for GPS

Configuring TomTom Home for GPS

Hi, i am sorry if am posting this query in the wrong section. In the upcoming days, my family is about to go for a trip and hence i bought a new GPS device. Now for that, i need to configure TomTom Home, as suggested by my friends. I donno anything about this TomTom Home service. Could you guys please make me know how can i configure TomTom Home on my device ? Thanks in advance ..

Re: Configuring TomTom Home for GPS

The free and TomTom Home will help you manage your GPS content that you previously connected to your computer with a USB cable. You can then download and install free adjustments cards, buy new cards for a new country, download an updated radar and discount service stations, etc.. TomTom Home also lets you customize your GPS from images and sounds produced by the community of TomTom users. You can then change the voice of the GPS to guide you by example by Bourvil, customize images of startup and shutdown of GPS and change the arrow icon representing your vehicle in a real car.

TomTom Home is the TomTom software that allows you to update your GPS to manage POI and add new cards. In order to install it, follow these steps:-

1. Connect your GPS to your computer with a USB cable.
    2. Start up the GPS.
    3. A new removable drive is added to Windows Explorer. Open it.
    4. InstallTomTomHOME.exe Run the file by double clicking it.
    5. Click the Yes button.
    6. TomTom Home is then downloaded. In the window that opens, select the French language and then click OK.
    7. Click the Next button.
    8. Click the Install button.
    9. When copying files over, finally click on the Close button.

To update your GPS and enjoy sharing adjustments cards, you must create a free account, TomTom Home. TomTom Home is then executed. If this is not the case, double click on its icon on the desktop. Select your country and click the accept button. Click Create an account Enter your email address, choose a password and confirm it then click Create Account. Then click the button Involving the device. You are on the main interface of TomTom Home.

At first, you must verify that the software and maps in your GPS is up to date. To upgrading the software and maps, click the Update button my XL. The updates found are displayed. Check the boxes before they install. Click the Update button and install. The updates are then downloaded and copied to the GPS. Finally click the Finish button.

In some cases, your GPS may have to be restarted. Please wait for the restart.
    Once restarted the GPS, TomTom Home checks if new updates tailored to the previous update is available. Click the Update button and install. Finally click the Finish button. Thats it !!!

Many of images are customizable to your TomTom Home screen. It also allows you to easily download and install new images on your GPS. To do so:-

• In the main interface of TomTom, click Add Traffic, Voice, Radars, etc..
    • Click on the More button and then click the button images and icons.
    • Then select the element of personalization to add Symbol car for example.
    • Choose the image you want and click the Add button.
    • Click OK. The image is then downloaded and copied the TomTom. Click Finish.
    • Repeat for the other images to add to your TomTom.

And you are done.