Thread: Use Linux router for the Sharing a broadband connection

Use Linux router for the Sharing a broadband connection

hi
    i just opened the computer lab. I have installed overall my pc's Linux operating system. Actually i want to access the internet facility in my lab via switch and modem but i don't know how it do that so any one tell me that is that compulsory to me use Linux router if yes then please tell me that how do i use Linux router for the Sharing a broadband connection?

Re: Use Linux router for the Sharing a broadband connection

The Linux router is offer s the accessibility of the data as well as security of the system and logging.Linux is also a great operating system which is a latest operating system,these type of operating system which is design from the ground up to be the secure as well as robust in the network environment. Basically router is the most important part in the internet connection because each bit of information are passes on internet through many routers. LRP is so small that it can safely boot from a single 1.44MB floppy disk. It makes the building and maintenance of firewall, routers, switches, hubs, and so on, cheap and straightforward. For more information you can also visit to the www.linuxrouter.org.

The main work of the Linux router is that make a interface or make the connection between the two network.Typically,this would be a LAN and the Internet.Using a Linux router you can control the over all traffic or control the network which is in as well as out from the network. You can control who accesses what and at what time, and you can log everything that passes through your internet connection. There are some requirement for the connection of the router. It need one network card and network cable per computer as well as Linux router and one switch or hub ,it also required one broadband modem.so you can get the connection with used of the such requirements.

A Linux router is very similar to that of a hardware router all computers on the network are connected together using a switch (or hub),and the switch is connected to the Linux router. Basically in LAN network there are so many computers available after that hose whole are connected to the switch or hub after that that switch is connected to the Linux router and then these router connected to modem foe the accessibility of the internet connection. Make sure that when you used the switch that time check that enough availability of ports because there are so many computer and one Linux router connects to same.

When we connect several computer to switch and then that switch connect to router for the internet connection that time this router work as a controller on whole system. For the connection there are requirement of such things like one network card and network cable per computer because Each computer must have an Ethernet Network Interface Card (NIC). The Ethernet cable must be long enough to connect all the PCs and the router to the switch.As well as the need of Linux router which can work only a system which has installed Linux operating system. You should choose a modem that has an Ethernet LAN-side connection. External USB modems are not suitable for using with Linux routers, though you may have some success with an internal PCI modem and last one which is switch.