Thread: Cannot access Orkut on Mozilla firefox

Cannot access Orkut on Mozilla firefox

Hello guys, From past few days I am unable to access my Orkut account from Mozilla firefox. This all started when I tried to upgrade the Firefox but interrupted the upgrade procedure midway. Now whenever I try to login to the website, the browser shows "Connection timed out". Is this because of the upgrade procedure which I interrupted? The computer which I am using is installed with Windows XP operating system. Therefore if anybody else is not able to access Orkut on Mozilla firefox, then please share some information/solutions which might be helpful in solving the issue.

Re: Cannot access Orkut on Mozilla firefox

First of all check if the link which is providing the bandwidth to the computer. It is possible that the link which is providing the bandwidth to the computer is faulty and hence you are getting such errors. Orkut requires lot of images to be downloaded when you get logged in hence it requires that the net connection to the computer should be good. If the net connection is slow then the browser is bound to give connection timed out error. Get the link tested by the ISP and get the problem rectified if there are any. Meanwhile you can visit the websites like SPEEDtest and PINGtest which provides online tests for the link.

Try using some other browser to login to the orkut. There are many browsers which are available which can be used instead of Mozilla firefox. Google chrome, Safari and opera are some of them. All the mentioned browsers have more or less similar functions like firefox and hence can be used instead of firefox. Download and install one of the mentioned browser and then see if you are able to access Orkut on it or not. If Orkut is accessible on the new browser then there is some problem with the installed version of the mozilla which you are using.

Whenever any software or application is updated on the computer, the files of the old version are replaced with the files of the new version. It is possible that the new version of the browser has some new features which are not supported by the older version. Hence if half the files of the browser are of new version and half the files of the browser are of old version then it is bound to create problems while running the browser. Hence I would suggest you to upgrade the browser completely and then see if the browser works properly or not. Updating the browser will definitely solve the problem.

It is possible that the computer which you are using for accessing the Internet has been infected by some virus which is not letting you access certain websites. Some virus's have the tendency to link with the files associated to the browser and then change the preferences of the browser. If such a situation occurs then the browser whose file is infected by the virus will not work properly. Hence scan the computer for any virus and check if there are any files of the browser which have got corrupt. If there are any files associated to the browser which are corrupt, then try and repair the files. Check if the browser works properly after repairing the files. If the number of files which are infected are more then you will have to install the browser again on the computer.

Check if there are any add-ons or any applications which are installed on the browser. Sometimes it happens that the files of the application or add-on which is installed on the browser are corrupt. If such an add-on or application is installed on the browser, it will corrupt the files of the browser which will lead to the browser not working properly. Start the browser in safe mode and then see if the browser works properly. In safe mode all the applications and add-ons are disabled. If the browser works fine in safe mode, then find and remove the application which is creating problems.