Thread: Unable to open PDF in Firefox 3.0.17

Unable to open PDF in Firefox 3.0.17

Hi there, I have just upgraded the Acrobat Reader 9 and when i am trying to open the PDF in the Firefox i am unable to do so. I have copied the same URL and paste it in the internet explorer and it opens the PDF file/ So help to find out why Unable to open PDF in Firefox 3.0.17 so that i can open the PDF in Firefox. Thank you
    Last edited by Corwinn; 16-02-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Re: Unable to open PDF in Firefox 3.0.17

If you have upgraded the Acrobat Reader 9 to your computer and still you are unable to open the PDF from your browser then it might be possible that your browser is not yet set for the opening PDF in association with the Acrobat Reader 9. So just open the Adobe reader and the Go to the Edit menu from there just select the preference and select the internet section and check the Display PDF in browser. Thanks

If your Firefox browser is unable to open the PDF then check for the setting that Firefox is set up with the PDF or not for that just Go to the tools menu and then to the Options. Now Click on the Application tab and then to the content type : PDF. IF it is there then check for the permission that it is allowed to work with the Firefox or not.

If you are getting this kind of problem then you have to make following setting.You can set Adobe Reader not to open PDF files within Firefox.
    • Open Adobe Reader.
    • At the top of the Adobe Reader window, click the Edit menu, and select Preferences, to open the Preferences window.
    • In the left pane of the Adobe Reader Preferences window, select the Internet section.
    • check Display PDF in browser.

Hey i am having the same problem with the browser that is unable to open the PDF with the browser and for that i have made some changes in the content type and its started working so i am giving you the same so that you can also solve your issue.
    1. Open the Mozilla
    2. Click on Tools
    3. Click on Options
    4. Click on Application tab
    5. Now see the content type and check whether PDF exist
    6. If not then install the adobe again
    7. If yes then check for the permission of the same.

"PDF Download" is the extension of the Mozilla Firefox which helps for managing the PDF you can use this to open the PDF file. Regain control and eliminate browser problems, view PDFs directly in Firefox as HTML, and use the all-new Web-to-PDF toolbar to save and share Web pages as high-quality PDF files. So give a try to this add on.