Thread: Mozilla firefox freezes when certain websites visited

Mozilla firefox freezes when certain websites visited

Hello people, I am facing very unusual problem with the installed version of Mozilla firefox browser. My computer is installed with Windows XP operating system and has a broadband connection. The default browser on my system is Mozilla firefox. The problem which I am facing is Mozilla firefox freezes when certain websites visited. I am unable to figure out what is causing the problem and therefore need your expertise in solving the issue. Please help.

Re: Mozilla firefox freezes when certain websites visited

Have you tried using different browser to access internet? There are many browsers which are available online. Google chrome, safari, opera etc are some of the browsers which have more or less same features like Mozilla firefox and hence can be used instead of Firefox. Download one of the browser and install it on the computer. Try to access the same websites which freeze the firefox and see if the other browsers also get stuck or not. If other browser works properly then there is some problem with the installed version of Mozilla which needs to be uninstalled.

It is possible that the installed version of the mozilla firefox is corrupt and hence you are facing such problems. All the applications have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files associated to the application gets corrupt then the application does not work properly. Try uninstalling the current version of the browser from the computer. Once the browser is uninstalled, remove all the files and keys which are related to the application from the computer. Once the computer is free from all the traces of the application, install the application again and see if it works properly.

Some websites require special addons to be installed on the browser so that all the features of the websites are visible on the browser. Such addon tries get installed on the browser automatically and if the browser denies the installation then the browser gets stuck up. To solve the problem, Open Mozilla firefox and select the Tools. Now select the Internet Options. Open the Security tab and remove the check mark against "Warn me if the Website tries to install the Add on". Save and apply the settings. Restart the browser and see if all the websites open properly or not.

If the add-on or the application which is installed on the browser itself is corrupt then it leads to the problems like the one which you are facing. The corrupted add-on or application corrupts the files of the browser which makes the makes the browser not to work properly. To be sure if the problem which you are facing is due to add-on or the application, start the browser in safe mode. In safe mode all the add-ons and the application are disabled and the browser is loaded with only basic functions and the features. If the browser is working fine in the safe mode, then find and remove the application or the add-on which is creating problems.

I think the computer which you are using is infected with some kind of virus. Virus's have the tendency to link with the files of the application which are frequently used by the system. If such a situation arises then application will not work properly. Hence scan the system with some updated antivirus and check for the infected files. If there are any infected files, then repair or quarantine the files and see if the browser is working fine.