Thread: How to connect to internet on 5800 using internet on a Laptop

question How to connect to internet on 5800 using internet on a Laptop

I am using 5800 and am not able to browse internet using the internet connection on my Laptop. I am able to connect my phone and my laptop using WiFi but am not abl to browse internet. A messag "No gateway Reply" is being displayed. Can someone help me out. Is it even possible to do such a thing. I know how to connect to internet on my phone for browsing the internet on laptop. So please dont tell me the procedure for browsing internet on laptop using GPRS on phone. But what i want to know is how to connect the other way round. Can someone help me out.

Thanks a lot.

Re: How to connect to internet on 5800 using internet on a Laptop

Dear friend you want to browse the internet on your Nokia 5800 mobile phone using the internet connection of the laptop that you are having. You have Wi-Fi feature in the laptop as well as in your Nokia 5800 Xpress Music Mobile phone. How ever the thing you want to do is not possible. However you can surf the internet on your Mobile phone using the Wireless network present around you just like you connect the laptop with the wireless network using the Wi-Fi of the laptop for browsing on the internet. So connect the Mobile phone with the wireless network and start browsing the internet.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

question Re: How to connect to internet on 5800 using internet on a Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-Z View Post
    Dear friend you want to browse the internet on your Nokia 5800 mobile phone using the internet connection of the laptop that you are having. You have Wi-Fi feature in the laptop as well as in your Nokia 5800 Xpress Music Mobile phone. How ever the thing you want to do is not possible. However you can surf the internet on your Mobile phone using the Wireless network present around you just like you connect the laptop with the wireless network using the Wi-Fi of the laptop for browsing on the internet. So connect the Mobile phone with the wireless network and start browsing the internet.
    Thanks a lot for the reply. But the problem is that i connect to the internet on my laptop using wireless connection only at my college campus. I connect to the internet using a wired connection at my house. So are you saying that, it is not possible the way I wanted it to be? I have WiFi enabled mobile and laptop. I tried sharing my internet connection also but there seems to be a problem with that also. It still displays the message "No gateway reply". And i truly appreciate that you could spare some time. Thank you once again.