Thread: Facebook chat is not working

Facebook chat is not working

I am using the Mozilla Firefox and having no issue with that till day but yesterday after update of it when i am using the chat of the Facebook it disable the chat after the use of the 30 seconds and Facebook chat is not working after that. So if you have any idea about how to solve it then help me with same. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Facebook chat is not working

Hey can you tell me which version you have updated your Firefox so that it will be easier for us to find the problem and the solution of the same. Anyways if you have updated with the Firefox 3.1b1 then let me tell you that this version having some problem with the Facebook chat application. Just download the another version or get the degrade of the same.

If you are using the Mozilla Firefox 3.1b1. then you are getting this problem as the Mozilla released that there are some bugs in the same which are as follows.
    1. Log into Facebook
    2. Take note of the Facebook Chat on the bottom bar and make sure it is enabled
    3. After about 20 seconds, it will disconnect
    4. Control-F5 will make it work again, where it will again disconnect after
    about 20 seconds

I am also having the same and i am unable to solve but after trying lots of trick i finally solved it. I have went to the language setting and changed the language to some other and after that i have tried the chat and it started working so i have again change the language back to the English and it working form that time. So give try with the same and see that this is working for you or not. Thanks
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

If you are getting the problem with the Facebook chat then its better to contact about this problem to the Facebook itself because if most of the user are facing the same problem and have reported the same to the Facebook then they might have got some solution of the same so contact then and let me know that this work for you or not. Till that time i am also looking for some good solution and get back to you with the same.

Hey thanks for all your help regarding the issue with the Facebook chat that i have discussed about and responses of your is appreciable. I have not upgraded to the 3.1.b1 so i don't think i have problem because of the same. But still i have got the solution with the Techguru01 that is to change the language and it started working.