Thread: How to initialize IKE

How to initialize IKE

What is IKE and what are the example of the same. I need some information on the same. I am working on project work were we provide proper authentication to our users. Here I got a solution to implement IKE on the same. But as I am not so good in this I need some basic overview of the same. What is it's working process or this same and what are the alternative to implement this.

Re: How to initialize IKE

IKE was designed on the basis of many examples such as Isakmp Skeme and Oakley. On this you cannot get the information detail. It is better if you can collect some online source for the same. However, it should be mentioned that IKEA's main purpose is to authenticate parties and to provide equipment to generate keys, and within the framework of security associations ( security associations is a set of rules and keys used to protect information).

The first phase aims to establish key initial parent, Skeyid in ip sec. There are more alternatives for this potential the following parties, and the first is the method requires a Secret Shared secret is already known and shared between the entities. It's called pre-shared secret. It will serve as seed for the development of the mother key which will itself be used when authenticating final.

One for alternative for sekyid is a symmetric encryption method is based on material PK to exchange sensitive data and thus establish the shared secret. The method signature can be described as a hybrid since it uses equipment that PK to sign and then authenticate the parties. The shared secret is established through his Diffie-Hellman.

Once the key-based parent, Skeyid will be diversified in 3 key girls Skeyid-a, d and e. These keys are used to generate the first secure tunnel between the entities, the channel IKE or Isakmp security association. It is roughly a tunnel administrative; Skeyid-a is used for authentication in this association, Skeyid-e is the encryption and Skeyid-d will be the key mother of the other security associations.

The above mentioned methods are general in including (and logical) functional level. The first exchanges are used to define the security association. The second category of trade permits for the shared secret. The third and final section of the handshake authenticates the parties and to validate all the previous trade ( and Skeyid the same time). In this first phase, aggressive mode aims to reduce trade by forcing certain parameters.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain