Thread: Where are safari bookmarks stored in windows 7

Where are safari bookmarks stored in windows 7

Recently i have started using the safari for browsing purpose and hence i need to backup the safari bookmarks since i want to use these bookmarks with another system. can you tell me where are the safari bookmarks stored in windows . Please help me in this matter as soon as possible. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Where are safari bookmarks stored in windows 7

Since you have not mentioned which operating system are you using because unless and until the operating system is mentioned i cannot tell you the exact location where the safari browser stores the bookmarks. But i can tell you to look for it somewhere in the safari folder within the program files if you are using windows.

Thanks for the reply since i posted the reply in a hurry and hence i forgot to mention the details which you have asked in the above post. I am using the windows Vista operating system on one of my system and windows 7 on the other one. I am still waiting for the solution please help me at your earliest.

I am also using the safari browser with the windows vista and i think that the bookmark is located in the following location C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Safari\ In the C: directory. I am not sure whether it will work with the Windows 7. But since both the system are made by the windows then it might just work.

I have also used the safari browser with windows 7 operating system But since it stopped working after sometimes or it crashes after some times of browsing i don't think that the bookmarks which you will copy from the windows vista will work with the windows 7. So try to use a different browser.

Sounds like that the exact location or the path C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Safari\ where the safari browsers bookmarks are stored you can't still get the bookmarks working in windows 7. Because most probably it will not work with the windows 7 because the Appdata directory id not present in windows 7.

hello i have the same problem but another question. does anyone know why the folder "appdata" is not showing on my computer? could it have moved? my bookmarks disappeared from safari & i cannot find the bookmark.plist file. i have windows vista

In Windows the AppData folder are hidden on the C:\Users\Username\AppData. If you are not getting the same folder then first you have to show the hidden file and folder and then you can see the same. To Show hidden file first you have to go to Tools Menu and then to Folder Option. Now click on View Tab and then to select the Show Hidden Files and Folder and Click on OK to apply the setting. Now go to C:\Users\MyName\AppData and see whether folder is visible or not.