Thread: What are the pros and cons of small and complete server?

What are the pros and cons of small and complete server?

Although the proposal of the concept of functional server can be traced back 10 years ago, but the function of the server product is fire up two or three years, as it is to meet the special needs of the user's customized dedicated server. This is the little information which I know about the servers but actually I want to know what are the advantages of small and complete servers. I will be waiting for the related replies.

Advantages of Server

Talking about the advantages of Feature Server, which is aimed at the user's specific applications and customized, mainly to meet the individual needs of enterprises, cost-effective, small size, the hardware simplification, low-cost software, the installation configuration process is simple, has transcended the old general the limitations of server products for various needs of customers with personalized offers the best choice, significantly reducing the threshold for the application server.

Server is a complete product

According to me server is a complete product, do not need any additional hardware and software, will be able to complete its definition of the functions or services, usually an application system server needs to be completed with a number of hardware and software-related features and services. Such as Web Server product, do not need to tie in with other products, you can complete the Web services, but if the general-purpose servers built with the Web server must also be equipped with the operating system and Web server software.

Re: What are the pros and cons of small and complete server?

As per my knowledge server can be divided into application-oriented and functional two broad categories. Server applied directly to the user's applications, such as server hosting capabilities to achieve Web, E-mail services, access capabilities to achieve Internet access and proxy server services; functional class servers and application class different, because it positioned on the user to achieve the system-specific features, such as routing, load balancing, SSL acceleration, VPN and caching capabilities, etc., not directly to user applications, but for the user's applications platform support capabilities, allowing users to get more good quality services, such as faster Web access, more secure communications and so on.

See I will try to explain the same thing with the help of an example. in a secure Web communications protocol, HTTP protocol as a standard, widely used, SSL technology is the basis of HTTP protocol, but SSL technology to conduct a large number of encryption and decryption operations, so that the calculation of the Web server's processor ability to create great pressure. In real situations, Web server, receiving a limited number of SSL request, although the I / O bandwidth and network bandwidth also allows the server to handle more service requests, but the password algorithm has finished processing power consumption. SSL acceleration server provides SSL acceleration feature, which is placed between the Web server and routers, hardware encryption acceleration technology, sharing the burden of the server, so that the server's processing power can be more concentrated in the Web request processing, the shorter the system response time.

Accoding to me the product itself must be to provide functions or services, software and hardware integration. A Web server, includes not only the server hardware platform, but also contains the complete Web functionality to the operating system service platform and Web server software.Features a single server system function of stress is usually a function of the server products only carry a feature or service, up to and then contains a number of functions associated with the completion of such other one or two functions, as a function of the system blocks the entire application.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain