Thread: Troubleshooting ICQ on MAC

Troubleshooting ICQ on MAC

Hi,
    I want to use ICQ on my MAC pc. I have a MAC book pro. A group of my friends are working on this ICQ tool to chat and stay online. I had not used this before. Anyhow I managed to install that but it is giving out problems. It does not save my password. The first is that when I quit the program it gives out a message cant' find lib. What does this related to. The other issue is that a error message saying error in message database sometime appears. I had removed that old application and before installation the new one I need some troubleshooting tips for the same.

Re: Troubleshooting ICQ on MAC

That might be due to some corrupt installation or unstable file. Doing a fresh installation can fix up the matter. You can safeguard your password in ICQ in a easy and secure way. It has a secure password retrieval tool which gives out your password security. You can use the same on mail basis also. So that you can get your password on your mail.

The cant file lib error message is generated by ICQ when the application is not able to locate the necessary libraries for mulitple operations. You will have to make sure that the files like Xprt.shlb and Xpcs.shlb both must lie in a single folder of ICQ. So that it can locate them easily. You can put them manually if you can get those files. A fresh installation of the same can fix the matter.

As the name implies, ICQ is a great way to stay in touch with your friends. This little program takes care of finding friends, colleagues and people with similar interests in the world, people who could communicate by e-mail, chat, SMS, phone or pager and make it as simple as calling someone in room and start a friendly discussion. Just re-install the tool back again.

ICQ can also serve as a tool for transferring files or hyperlinks, teamwork, management of database for the message history and account manager e-mail to notify you when the new arrival messages. With ICQ, you can also leave messages to persons not connected they are stored on a server that will send them from their connection.

Whenever ICQ pops up error message that shows up Error in message database then at first the application tends to run a database fixer. This simply means that the database are either missing or locked. It is also possible that the same is used by other applications too. The best way to fix this is to delete the database and then run the application back again.