Thread: Gmail does not work on Mozilla firefox

Gmail does not work on Mozilla firefox

Hello people, I dont know if any of you have faced such a problem with Mozilla firefox or not. I have an Internet connection on the desktop computer which I am using. The operating system on the computer is Windows XP and the default Internet browser in Mozilla Firefox. All was working fine, but from few days I am unable to open Gmail on Mozilla Firefox. Whenever Gmail opens, the browser gives an error message saying "Unable to load chat" due to which I am not able to chat with my friends. I dont know why Gmail does not work on Mozilla firefox and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any suggestion regarding the issue are more than welcome.

Re: Gmail does not work on Mozilla firefox

I think the problem which you are facing is due to fluctuating internet connection. Gmail has an integrated chat environment which takes up lot of bandwidth of the Internet connection. If the Internet connection is not proper then the chat client will not be loaded and the browser will give the same error message whenever Gmail is tried to access. Hence check if the Internet connection which you are using is proper. To check the Internet connection, visit the Website such as PINGtest or SPEEDtest and run the online tests. See the results which are generated by the websites.

Is there any security software installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind your problem. The basic tendency of any of the security software is to block any unknown traffic coming or leaving the computer. Due to this tendency, sometimes the traffic which is desired by the user is also blocked. It is possible that the Gmail chat client is not able to load because the security software is blocking it. Either move the process of the browser to the trusted applications list of the security software or disable the security software. After disabling the security software, check if the chat client loads in the browser or not.

The installed application/add-ons of the browser, sometimes corrupt the files associated to the browser due to which the browser does not work properly. If the application/add-on which is installed on the browser itself is corrupt, then the files associated to the browser are bound to get corrupt. Firefox has a diagnostic mode which is known as Safe mode. In safe mode all the add-ons and the applications are disabled. To start the browser in safe mode, type "firefox.exe/safemode" in run tab and hit enter. If the browser works properly in safe mode, then find and remove the application/add-on which is creating problems in the browser.

There is a high possibility that the computer which you are using is infected with some virus and hence the browser is not able to load the chat client of Gmail. Virus's try and link with the files of the applications which are used by the user frequently. If any of the files of the application gets linked with a virus, then the application will not work properly. Hence scan the system with some updated antivirus and clean all the infected files. After cleaning the infected files, check if the browser is able to open the chat client or not.

Try using some other browsers which are available online to surf the internet. Google chrome, Safari and opera are some browsers which can be used instead of Mozilla firefox. All the browsers have more or less same features. Download any of the browser mentioned above and install it on the computer. Once installed check if the Gmail is working properly on it or not. If the Gmail client works properly on other browser, then there is some problem with the current installed version of Firefox. Remove the application and all its related components from the computer. Once all the files related to the application are removed, download the latest version of Firefox and install it on the computer. Hopefully it solves the problem.