Thread: What are the points should be considered while performing server I/O optimization?

What are the points should be considered while performing server I/O optimization?

Today's society, the server processes the data under increasing pressure, virtualization is a popular application server I / O optimization problem is more prominent culprit. How to make server optimization made simple and quick it and the main thing what are the points should be considered while performing server I/O optimization?

Server I / O optimization cost a total rate

You first need to calculate your I / O costs, you may find room for cost savings have been ignored. Servers, switches, network cards and cables cost into account. Do not forget the energy, infrastructure, and rack space and management time spent. In the space before you understand the cost savings you must first understand the seriousness of the problem.

Re: What are the points should be considered while performing server I/O optimization?

Your business needs are cyclical changes? Do you ever consider the implementation of the enterprise IT system operation management services, or cloud computing model? If so, increase flexibility, there will be a huge reward. When you allocate new connections to the server, you will probably get more from these devices returns. While considering the estimation, the interconnection requirements, to take into account the non-expected costs. Assume that any one server must be a point in time access to any resources. You can more quickly respond to non-anticipated changes in the same time, to better meet demands.

Re: What are the points should be considered while performing server I/O optimization?

Your server I / O constrained? That will lead to decline in capacity utilization and unnecessary costs. If you have monitoring tools, such as VMwareESX equipment, take a look at I / O utilization is. You probably will find that I / O is a limiting factor, you could further deepen the integration. As I / O cost is almost the cost of the server itself close to the next step needed to simplify its configuration. A simplified I / O infrastructure, the purchase and installation costs will be reduced, and will reduce the risk of downtime caused by human error.

A cost savings may lead to another cost savings possible. A simplified I / O infrastructure, would make the server a smaller and less expensive. This enables to save thousands of dollars per server. Using the same way in the future means that your cost structure will not change. Search for innovation is improved through the high cost areas. Innovative technologies (such as server virtualization, iSCSI storage and I / O virtualization) offers more than the mandatory saving cost savings possible. The core of virtualization is that: with the least cost to do more.

Server I / O optimization to carry out trial run

The new technology uses the return on investment will take time, cost savings will be effective soon. To speed up the process, consider the business part of the IT environment to launch a new way of cost savings. Carry out a wide range so that you can be optimized in this way. And you have daily data to prove that the implementation of this approach is useful, but you will also get to ensure a successful experience.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain