Thread: What is Falcon uTorrent and how to use it

What is Falcon uTorrent and how to use it

I am sorry if am posting this in the wrong section. For downloading movies or any huge file from internet, most often i use utorrent. But today i heard a term called Falcon uTorrent. As it name suggests, i can guess it is something related to torrent but dont know what is it. Could you guys please make me know What is Falcon uTorrent and how to use it ? I appreciate all your helps. Thanks.

Re: What is Falcon uTorrent and how to use it

Falcon is a great application for the uTorrent users. Falcon uTorrent allows you to access your torrents remotely. It incorporate several features to uTorrent the modern Internet, because users can control him remotely from any computer, and move the downloaded files to the computer on which we find ourselves transported via a web interface. That idea is really good because it allows you to leave your PC running at home and from your laptop or from a cyber you can add your next torrent and they start at the house alone alike.

Falcon uTorrent is actually a website from where you can remotely control the client installed. But the Falcon project does not stop as it will allow you to share files that you downloaded with your friends, yes I know it's p2p nazes band but this is squarely in direct download! And so the interface will allow you falcon by right click on a torrent to generate a direct download link, then yes then you'd better have a big issue in connections.

To use Falcon uTorrent, you need to sign up on falcon.utorrent.com. Having chosen the name, simply drop the new version of uTorrent is available, and place it above that already have. Once installed uTorrent, will see a new button in the Toolbar. Now, simply put the username you have chosen in the previous step, and make up a password. Finally, the service will tell you that you are now connected to the service.

The big advantage of this service is the minimal configuration is enough to activate the account and Falcon launch a browser, which run smoothly. It also allows you to access via a 3G modem. The only bad thing is that sometimes the service does not load the web interface, and may have to give a few more clicks when you turn on Remote Access. Not sure if Falcon will be available for download. Falcon-enabled uTorrent builds are only available for Windows at present. You must run the uTorrent client under Windows, but can access uTorrent via a browser on any operating system.

Falcon uses a cryptographic protocol called SRP, the Secure Remote Password protocol. SRP is an authentication and key-exchange protocol. In Falcon, your web browser serves as the client and your uTorrent client as the server. The Falcon servers only act as a channel between the two.

When you log in to Falcon, your browser uses JavaScript to authenticate to your client without ever sending the password over the connection. As a byproduct of this authentication, SRP Allows each side (browser and client uTorrent) to independently arrive at the same value for a cryptographically-strong secret. This secret is then used as a session key to encrypt the body of the request (which contains the InfoHash, URLs, etc..) Using the AES encryption standard. This occurs entirely in your web browser, before the request is sent to Falcon for proxying to your uTorrent client.
    source:falcon.utorrent.com