Thread: What is Google Buzz

What is Google Buzz

I have a very short query and hope you guys can help me out for sure. Today when i visited the page to login to my Gmail account, i saw about Google Buzz. there was not much definition but i guess it is something related to Social networks. Do you guys know what is exactly about Google Buzz ? Please let me know too. Thanks and appreciated.

Re: What is Google Buzz

The new service announced by Google , that is Google Buzz, is a social network that dwell within Gmail. It is a service that allows us to make updates, videos, photos and more. Imagine a kind of Twitter, but for Google, and integrated at the same Gmail. Integrated as if one folder in Gmail, Buzz will write short messages, share videos, photos or other social networking activity without having to leave one of the most used Internet services, e-mail. A utility similar to that afforded by sites like frienfeed, recently acquired by Facebook, but integrated with other tools of the company.

Google Buzz is a service that enables integration with diverse social networks, incorporating Google Reader, Twitter, Flickr, Picasa and Youtube. You can quickly share with everyone or only some of your contacts, all on one page. Additionally, Google Buzz also integrates Google Maps, enabling display on a map the location of the messages written on Buzz who are closest to your location. It can also be used in its mobile version, which features voice recognition, and posting status update just record your message, without the need to write it.

The most important characteristics of Google Buzz are as follows:

• Auto-tracking: By being integrated with Google Contacts (our Gmail contacts) is self-service to people with whom we communicate, it is not necessary to go manually adding people because, if you have Gmail, then it means that appear on our Buzz

• Clean and fast interface: Buzz gives considerable importance to the photos and videos, yet maintains a minimalist interface, with keyboard shortcuts to Gmail. The updates also appear in real time (to the Instant Messaging / Google Wave)

• Public and private profile. It is possible to maintain our public profile, but also have conversations and share media privately.

• Integration with the Inbox: Similar to Gmail chat, everything can be stored in our Gmail account. The responses function as in Twitter: Just type an @ before the name to go directly to that person.

• Buzzes around: When using the mobile version (for Android / Symbian / WinMo and soon for the iPhone) we can update our Buzz, see our friends, and besides, you have a button "Nearby" to see nearby public Buzzes. Perfect to discover sites of interest.

Much overlap with the times, a time to demonstrate that Google is also interested in social layer and will keep looking. If you have Firefox installed, download User Agent Switcher add-on. Once installed, simply go to Tools, and among the options (under Addons), find the possibility to change the User Agent, which allows us to move to Firefox, the browser of the iPhone. Choose that option. Just type in the address bar buzz.google.com, and you will be automatically become Buzz customer.

At Buzz we can share our status, photos, videos, posts, news (osea what we do on Facebook and Twitter but with our contacts in Gmail. To access all the good buzz that Google offers you only need a gmail account and enter the page of google buzz to prove it. The 5 important goals behind Google buzz are :-
    1. People automatically follow.
    2. Easy ways to share data.
    3. Being able to share in public and in private.
    4. Integration with the Inbox (email).
    5. "Only the good" (filtering systems to get the most relevant to the user).