Thread: Mobileme sync fails on macbook pro

Mobileme sync fails on macbook pro

Hi,

I have a Macbook pro with mac os x 10.5.6. I use usb cable to connect my iphone with my macbook. The problem is that I can connect to itunes but I am not able sync with Mobileme. I am not able to sync my data i:e contacts, calendars, bookmarks, etc. Sometimes it sync would just keep going and sometimes it hangs. Can you tell me why Mobileme sync fails on macbook pro ???

Re: Mobileme sync fails on macbook pro

Check the settings, In the Finder, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu (), click the MobileMe (. Mac in Mac OS X Tiger) and then click the Sync tab. Make sure you synchronize the type of information desired. Verify that no synchronization is already underway. If synchronization is already in the box for "Synchronize with MobileMe" is grayed out. If synchronization is in progress, no check box warning dialog is open , then wait until the synchronization.

If your calendar or contacts are not synchronized correctly, see MobileMe calendar and MobileMe Contacts. If the data is correct, your data is on the MobileMe servers. If this is the case, synchronize the data again on your computer from MobileMe:

1. Open the MobileMe section of System Preferences ( ". Mac in Tiger).
    2. If you have Leopard or Snow Leopard, click Synchronize and then click Advanced.
    3. If you have Mac OS X Tiger, simply click on Advanced.
    4. Click Reset Sync Data.
    5. Select the relevant data, such as calendars and make sure that the arrow indicates the direction of MobileMe to your computer.
    6. Click on Replace.

Since MobileMe syncing on Mac OS X is unique to each user, creating a new user can identify your problem. Once the new user created, try to synchronize the data from this new user account. If you can sync your MobileMe account from the new user account Mac OS X, reconnect to the user account Mac OS X problem and troubleshoot your keychain. If your keychain is working properly, reset your SyncServices folder and try a sync.

If Mobileme sync fails on macbook pro, then try changing the synchronization settings, In the Sync tab of the pane of MobileMe preferences or MobileMe Control Panel, change the sync interval, then close the window (Mac OS X) or click OK (Windows). Reopen the MobileMe pane or the Control Panel, change the desired setting, then redo a test.

To check your connection in Mac OS X :

1. In the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu.
    2. Open Terminal.
    3. Type or paste the following command:
    4. netstat | grep "aosnotify"
    5. Press Return.

You should see a line ending with:

aosnotify.me.com.5223 ESTABLISHED

This line indicates that you can receive automatic updates of changes made on another computer, device or website www.me.com.