Thread: How to view Word Definitions in Google Chrome?

How to view Word Definitions in Google Chrome?

Hi there, I am having a issue with the Google Chrome that i need to solve. For that i need your help. Actually i have installed the Google Chrome in my computer to use for the surfing on internet. I need to access the quick dictionary for the word instead of opening the new tab and look for the site that will provide the meaning for the same. So help me with the How to view Word Definitions in Google Chrome?. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to view Word Definitions in Google Chrome?

"DictionaryTip " is the solution for the problem that you are getting from accessing the quick meaning of any word. This is an extension of the Google Chrome that will let you know about the meaning of any word while you are using the Google Chrome to your browser. To use this all you have to do is to click on double click on the word so that word will get selected now when you hover the mouse on it it will display the icon go to that and a pop up window will open with the meaning of the same.

Dictionary Tooltip allows you to search and see the definition of words in a small frame on the same page. You don't have to open a new tab or window for search. You do not lose the page context and seeing the definition in a tooltip helps you to focus more on what you were reading. Just double-click on a word and you get the meaning on the same page or Select the word and press Ctrl+M to see the definition.

After you have finished installing this add on then you will be noticing the pop up menu of the DictinaryTip for the meaning of word that you have selected. On the top of the same you will get the name of the site whose result it is showing to you. What if you want the result from some other site? then just bottom of the pop up menu you will find the drop box .Click on that and select the site you want to show the meaning of the same. Thats all!!

As you have told that you are new for the Google Chrome then i hope that you are not aware of the extension of the Google Chrome and as well as the download of the same. So here i am explaining you the method to achieve the same with the proper step.
    1. Start the Google Chrome
    2. Click on the Tools
    3. Now go to the extension
    4. Here click on the link Browse All
    5. This will redirect you to extension page of the Google Chrome
    6. Type "DictionaryTip " in search and hit enter
    7. Click on install
    8. Restart Google Chrome.

Take the advantage of the another extension of the Google Chrome which is officially released by the Google and known as the 'Google Dictionary ' which function same as the above one do. Just select the word by double clicking on that and after that a small pop up bubble will appear with the definition of that word. So if you like it then give a try to this also which will help you for the same.