Thread: Online Videos not working in Google Chrome

Online Videos not working in Google Chrome

Hello there, I have a very serious problem with Google chrome which is installed on my computer. I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. The computer has Internet connection and Google chrome is used as the default browser on the computer. The problem which I am facing is I am not able to watch online videos in Google chrome. Whenever websites like Youtube are visited for watching online video's, it shows that the video is getting loaded and then nothing happens. I cant figure out why online videos are not working in Google Chrome and hence need your expertise to solve the issue. Any help regarding the issue is more than welcome.

Re: Online Videos not working in Google Chrome

Online videos take lot of bandwidth of the internet connection. In order to watch online videos you require relatively high speed internet connection. If the speed of the connection is slow then the videos take lot of time to buffer. Sometimes due to slow Internet connection, the videos dont get loaded at all and hence will not be played. I would suggest you to check the link which is providing the bandwidth by contacting the ISP. If the link which is providing the bandwidth is faulty then tell the ISP to rectify it and then check if you are able to play the videos using Google Chrome or not.

Videos which are hosted on the websites like youtube are flash videos which require flash player to play them. If the flash player is not installed on the browser then you will not be able to watch the videos online. Therefore check if the flash player is installed on the browser. If the flash player is not installed on the browser, then download and install the player on the browser and then check if you are able to watch the videos using Google chrome. If the flash player is already installed on the browser, then try and update the version of the player. Updating the version will help in solving the issue.

I think the version of the browser which you are using has got corrupt and hence you are not able to watch the videos online. All the applications have lot of associated files. If any of the associated files of the application gets corrupt then the application will not work properly. To check if the installed version of the browser is corrupt, download and install some other browser like Mozilla firefox or safari and see if you are able to watch the videos or not. If other browsers work properly while watching online videos then uninstall the Google chrome and remove all the files associated to it. Once all the files are removed, install the browser again.

Scan your computer with an updated antivirus as there is a high possibility that the computer is infected with some kind of virus which is not letting the browser download the video file. Virus's have the tendency to link with the files of the applications which are frequently used by the user. If the virus gets linked with such files then the application does not work properly. Hence scan the system with an antivirus and check all the infected files. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected and then check if the browser is working properly.

I was also facing the same problem with Google chrome which was installed on my laptop. The browser did not allow me to watch the videos online. All the other browsers worked fine on the computer but Google chrome didn't. I tried to uninstall the browser and then installed it again but the issue was not resolved. Then I tried restoring the system to earlier restore point when the browser was working fine and it worked. Hence I would like to suggest you to restore the computer to some earlier time when the browser was working fine. It worked for me and I hope it works for you too.