Thread: Web Accelerator for MAC

Web Accelerator for MAC

Hi,
    I had just finished setting up my MAC computer. I had re-installed everything back gain by using the installation disc. Now I need some tools which are currently not present in it. The first one I need is a web accelerator tool for MAC. I am using a dial up internet network and the speed is extremely slow. The second I need a simple accounting tool d codec for Quicktime to play FLV and HD files. Because I had checked some videos are not working. Also post some photo editing softwares for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Web Accelerator for MAC

Google Web Accelerator is one of the latest software which is free and it requires no form to complete and takes a few seconds to settle. This fact, GWA loads at boot to be placed in the taskbar. Specifically, GWA will use Google's servers as a proxy which you can use with other browsers manually configuring variables proxy on 127.0.0.1:9100. The acceleration will also be placed in a cache pages deemed to be the most popular. In stock, these pages appear more quickly if a request points to one of them. Even if the file sizes consistent as MP3s or videos are ignored, Google does not recommend using this software on slow connections.

iCompta is a simple tool used to manage your personal accounts. This application allows you to easily manage your personal accounts. It is possible to define categories using the software preferences, and also define the repetitive operations by adjusting the frequency of a single click. Statistics are also available. In short, a practical software to point your receipts and invoices.

Perian is a set of essential codecs for Quicktime: it makes it possible to make this application compatible with many video formats: FLV, MKV, DivX, 3ivX, H.264, FLV1, FSV1, VP6, H263I, VP3 . The installation is quiet simple you just need to double click on Perian.prefPane and the rest is automatic. Perian is then installed in the system preferences pane: it is possible to verify that you have the latest version of Perian, and to set the type of audio output you want (multichannel, stereo, Dolby Prologic or Dolby Prologic II).

Aperture is the ultimate application of the professional photographer. Aperture can import your RAW and JPEG photos, sort them (via a very intuitive classification), to conduct a post-processing (white balance, sharpness, contrast, highlight recovery, saturation, black and white, turning sepia, red eye removal or defects), then export your photos in JPEG. Export is possible via direct mail, as web gallery, or as a single JPEG file.

JustLooking Slideshow viewer has the ability to easily view your images as a slideshow (it is also possible to adjust the time between 2 frames, the effect and the speed and image size) or just one to one manually via the interface very nice software. Justlooking also offers a few useful features such as resizing a picture, an intuitive zoom, or rotate left or right. In short, this software can be used instead of Preview, the default application on Mac.