Thread: What are the tangible and intangible benifits of intranet

What are the tangible and intangible benifits of intranet

What I know about the intranet that that it is similar to the private computer network, and it is based on the communication standards which are used in the internet. More precisely intranet can be said as the small version of internet which can only be used with in the organization. That is not the matter of concern for me but the thing is that I want to know what are the tangible benefits and intangible benefits of intranet. I will be waiting for the related replies.

Re: What are the tangible and intangible benifits of intranet

I have asked the similar question to one of the novice developer and I got the stupid answer which I will like to share with you. He said that he can build the intranet application so I must have the intranet. Well the correct answer is not that the correct answer is that intranet is successful method or the tool through which you can fight with the time you have waste or the waste of effort and the material you have wasted. I do not mean that your can recover it but the work can be done in faster manner in an organization.

Re: Tangible benifits of intranet

Well some of the tangible benefits of the intranet are mentioned below. Firs and the most important according to me is that it is inexpensive to implement in any organization. The use of intranet is really easy you have to just point and click. Intranet can provide better information so it save money and time. If you are planning to use intranet then do not worry because it is based on the open standard.
    Last edited by Techno01; 09-02-2010 at 03:39 AM.

Re: Intangible benifits of intranet

If you want to know some of the intangible benefits of the intranet then here are some of them. Intranet can help in improving the decision making. It also empowered the users of intranet. If you are working in an organization then intranet will help to build the culture of sharing the information. This also facilitates the environment of organizational learning.

Re: What are the tangible and intangible benifits of intranet

Nearly all the mentioned in the above replies but there are some which I like to mention. Tangible benefits are that intranet is scalable and flexible and can be handled according to the user requirement. Intranet can be used for connecting across disparate platforms and gives the user control of data. Intangibly intranet breaks down bureaucracy which improves the quality of life at work. This results in the improved productivity.